*Really* scary Halloween movies

2000th post! Whoo!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of - or has watched - horror movies that REALLY do scare you. They don’t have to be living dead scary - just something that makes you jump/scream/whatnot. What’s the scariest movie you’ve EVER watched?

Event Horizon. I’m not the scared at horror type but that one was fucked up.

2004 US presidential elections

lol pwnd

seconded. I’m easily scared by most any horror movie, but that one I’ll never be able to watch again.

Saw and Cabin Fever come immediately to mind. The best part about the both of them is that neither of them actually have supernatural things happen in them, and they’re both scarier for that reason. Someone like the killer in Saw could exist… and I’m pretty sure that something like Cabin Fever could happen. I’m not exactly sure, though… I’d have to have Sin watch it and then tell me (it’s about a flesh eating infection spread through water… and it has an excellent ending… hehehe). It also has one of the best scenes in a movie EVER… it looks like it’s going to be a sex scene and then… well… that’s all I’m even putting in a SPOILER TAG, bitch!

Note that Cabin Fever is also a hilarious movie at the same time.

Cube freaked me out a little, but that might’ve just been fear of the terrible script, so I wouldn’t really reccomend it.

Slasher-type or zombie movies never scare me. Especially the ones that just involve slow moving substantial things. I do like/get the scared feeling by the supernatural type movies. The Exorcist and The Ring are my two all-time favorites. Although I liked Blair Witch too even though I’m apparantly the only one that did.

I liked Blair Witch too.

Event Horizon scared the bejeesus out of me. I totally thought it was a sci-fi flick.

Saw

The Manchurian Candidate with Denzel Washington.

Barney movies scare the hell out of me.

Nightmare on Elm Street is a classic.

I prefer horror games more than films, though.

Janet Reno gone Wild.

:kissy:

I’m not big on horror films, but I rather liked the Japanese <i>Ju-on</i>.

I didn’t think Saw was scary at all. Bloody, maybe, with lots of painful death, but not scary.

They really don’t make horror movies like they used to. The most recent scary movie I’ve seen is probably Event Horizon, like mentioned above. That was pretty freaky. But nothing today is scary anymore. The Ring? Hell no.

These movies are good and scary. And I mean only the first one in each respective series. Sequels suck.

Friday the 13th
Halloween
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Exorcist
The Phantasm
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The original, although the remake wasn’t too bad.)
Amityville Horror (The original)
The Blob
The Omen
Poltergeist
Romero’s “of the Dead” series

Hmmm… I find the original versions of Ring, Grudge and Dark Water quite freaky…

Anyone here seen the movie of Sweet Home? Quite a few of us have played the game, but the movie, I’m interested in seeing.

Evil Dead 2.
It freaked me out and made me laugh.

Evil Dead 2 and 3 are teh freaky.

Come on. The Evil Dead movies are funny, not scary.

They are great none the less.