Reality TV sucks

They now have something that roughly translates to “Find the Fag!”. 4 straight guys, 4 gay guys. They all try to seduce some woman. The woman doesn’t know who is gay. If she falls in love with a straight guy, jackpot, 1 million bucks and of course the guy. If she falls in love with a gay guy, she doesn’t get shit. Worst concept ever.

I want to regard “Find the fag” as a kind of satire and a slap in the face to those who claim gays to be less worth that straight people. It’s still stupid, but in my happy little world it drives the right kind of morons crazy.

Do you have a whole channel dedicated to Big Brother, showing what’s going on in that bloody house 24/7? We do. And I watched it for a while once, when I was visiting some friends who are obsessed with the show.

Watching people sit silently and look bored for two hours. I’m so glad I had my embroidery -_-;;

What Kaiser said. I hate ‘Reality’ shows because they play to the sadictic element in society: instead of being glad others succeed, we’re glad to see others get screwed up. Sheesh.

There were only TWO Reality Shows I ever watched: Blind Date and the Surreal World. Blind Date was uproariously funny, mainly by the utterly clever animated remarks they inserted into the show (I hardly even paid any attention to the dating couples.) Really, they should fire half the writers in the Conan O/Brian show and replace them with BD’s! :slight_smile: And the Surreal Life was about as real as Anna Nicole’s breasts, just a bunch of post-celebrities playing along. Perfect satire of the whole Reality deal (of course, this varies from season to season, last year’s cast was the best. Viva Charo!) :hahaha;

It does, which is why I only watch NRK and Discovery Channel.

My HS math teacher went on blind date once. When he took a day off, a guy who had taped him brought the tape to class to show to everyone. And Trillian has it right with the demographics comment. Heh. Life imitating art and vice versa comes to mind.

“It’s people sitting around on a couch, watching people sitting on a couch! I mean. COME. ON. Gimme a break!”
Cooky for the reference getter.

Reality tv isn’t staged, especially not Survivor. Nobody could write the boring snorefest that was the horrible season 8 and 9. No scripts, no stage, just a bunch of people laying around saying “Well she’s my best friend now, but this is a GAME IM PLAYING FOR ME”. I hate hearing that. “Well I did that to get myself further in the game”. I am so sick of that bullshit. They make it as if when they get voted off, they go home with nothing, when in reality, they are awarded thousands of dollars and an experience of a lifetime. Maybe a little spiritual cleansing. Stop your bitching.

With that being said, I of course, watch Survivor. It’s the only reality tv show I watch, because it is the most genuine, as far as reality tv shows goes, especially back in its early seasons. Now it’s all conniving, oh he looks hot when he’s dirty, well I must backstab you even though I like you but I hope you can forgive me. Same old shit. I hope in S10, they mix it up a little, because, after watching every season, I have grown bitter and cynical watching predictable BS happen, or maybe it’s because I caught on to the editting techniques, which aren’t that complicated to figure out in the first place. Stop casting boring people! I want to be entertained, dammit. Like every other Survivor fanatic, I want to wipe away my tears, like back in the day when so and so won and didn’t have to betray anyone, or where Survivors on location, where truly friends. But that’s asking a little too much now, since America and its wannabe Survivors have caught on- with each season, you have to play a meaner game, it seems, and it’s just getting pathetic. If I hear “But this is a game” on more time, on ANY reality tv show, I’ll puke. Yeah it’s a game, stop your whining! No one forced you to sign up! Reality tv shows are about making money, not making friends! And if it’s the opposite with you, well suck it up, and get the balls to make a decision for what you’re playing for-relationships or cash. I’m also sick of contestants whoring sympathy out of dumbass audiences when their situations are no-brainers. Backstab someone, or just shut the fuck up!

I heart Survivor.

Thunderdome needs to be real and televised live.

Reality TV sucks.

I only use my TV for escapism purposes.

That’s nothing. I’ve heard of one called “Who’s your daddy?” The concept: We take a man or woman who was adpoted as a child. We take a handul of people: One of whom is their real parent, the rest of whom are actors trying to convience the person that he’s the real parent. If the contestent guesses correctly, they get a jackpot. If they don’t, the one they picked gets it.

Three guesses which network cooked this one up. Here’s a hint: It starts with “F” and ends with “OX”.

What we need is reality shows depicting reality. You know, like ‘ÅEN140: The Sounds of English’, ‘The Boringly Ordinary Workplace!’, and ‘RPGClassics: Geekdom!’.

Yeah, they shelved that one after the first episode because it just generated a lot of negative feedback. As if they needed critics to tell them that.

You know a show is bad when FOX of all networks can it due to negative feedback.

Reality TV sucks

I’ve been saying that for a long time. Here’s a video about Reality TV http://www.illwillpress.com/rant3.html

I love that video! :smiley:

They have more videos. Just go to www.illwillpress.com and go to the toons section.

I know. I go there a lot. :smiley:

LOL!!!one111!!

That’s a good one.

I agree, reality TV sucks. The only channels my TV are ever on are ESPN and the video input my Cube is hooked up to.

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2366

Scroll down to the part on Reality TV.

This is part of why my household gave up cable television.