Reading current affairs= terrorism

Taken from a forum I visit occasionally

Thought you’d appreciate this… personally I reckon whoever came up with this idea must’ve been on an absolute bender at the time but than again, that’s just me. :get it?:

EDIT: found a relevant news article

-_-;;

I’m not sure whether to raise my eyebrow, chuckle nervously at the paranoia, shake my head in disbelief or just break down crying. -_-

I knew this would eventually happen - ever since Carmen Sandiego found out that we were using the mighty power of the almanac to stop her and her minions, she’s been waiting to harness this knowledge source for herself. It’s only a matter of time before she sends the ten largest roads in Delaware to crush us all!

facevault

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
They’re a little early, April Fools isn’t for another 3 or so months.

Watch out, I have an atlas and road maps, I’m a international terrorist!

Next up on the watch for terror: DO NOT HELP PEOPLE ASKING FOR DIRRECTIONS TO ANY MAJOR CITY!

“Excuse me sir, which road do I take to get to Washington?”
“AHHH TERRORIST! HELP HELP POLICE!!! grabs a gun and shoots into the air

:kissy:

Originally posted by Eden99
“Excuse me sir, which road do I take to get to Washington?”
“AHHH TERRORIST! HELP HELP POLICE!!! grabs a gun and shoots into the air

if you took all that literally, the world would be quite an interesting place >>; (sweet XD) i’d give it 5 years and that’ll be a serious matter :stuck_out_tongue:

Curse that bejamin franklin, inventing terrorist tools.

Next they’ll use dictionaries and grammer books in order to target terrorists. Honestly, what’s this world coming to? -_-’

Originally posted by Gremlin_of_Death
if you took all that literally, the world would be quite an interesting place >>; (sweet XD) i’d give it 5 years and that’ll be a serious matter :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes Fi, we’d all have bullets raining on our heads :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:kissy:

Oy, I’m glad I don’t have one.

But soon they’ll be doomed to add Organizers and Gameboys to the list. *Nod, nod.

I have read some stupid stuff in my life (half of the books I had to read in grade school, spam e-mail, the back of airline airsick bags), but this takes the cake. I can’t do some simple school research without being called a terrorist now, it seems.

Originally posted by Weiila
I’m not sure whether to raise my eyebrow, chuckle nervously at the paranoia, shake my head in disbelief or just break down crying. -_-

I think some combination of the four would be appropriate. :fungah:

… I think I’ll take this opportunity to say:

<center>WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH</center>

But I’m wrong, and instead I’ll comment on how I used to think those short stories in which the USA ends up a military totalitarian country were unrealistic.

• Pierson points to the works of Jasper Fford, where every book is a deadly weapon.

I think maybe the announcer was watching Read Or Die one night and took it seriously. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Eden99
Yes Fi, we’d all have bullets raining on our heads :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

yay raining bullets! XD (we would not have even lived to see this day >>: )

Originally posted by Yar Kramer
[b] … I think I’ll take this opportunity to say:

[quote]
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORACE IS STRENGHT

But I’m wrong, and instead I’ll comment on how I used to think those short stories in which the USA ends up a military totalitarian country were unrealistic. [/b][/QUOTE]

Such a pretty quote: Long live George Orwell.