Re-ignited passion!

Originally posted by Astral
.I’ve heard differing opinions on FF Unlimited @_@ What’s good and/or bad about it?

It has the usual Square obsessions. Every fight ends with a three-minute long fight, and it falls into Love-And-Peace-All statements a little easily.

That said, the characters are pretty good and the plot is okay, if a little cliched. How much you’ll like it probably depends on how annoying you found the games.

If you liked Noir then you would probably like this anime i’ve been watching. Its called gunslinger girl, and i think its one of the best i have seen for a long time. Theres no DVDs that i have seen but there are some bittorrent files here.

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
[b]If you watch Kenshin, you wont be seeing the end of it sadly.

When they were making the Kenshin anime, they caught up to the manga after the Shishio fight. Then they gave them more time to get further on in the manga by getting a different director to do some fillers for the anime to keep interest in it. Sadly the fillers wern;t good… in fact… they sucked. Because of this, ratings dropped, the show got canceled, and the Final Arc with Enishi was never animated. [/b]

Really? OK then anyone who is checking out the Seisouhen (the true ending) of Kenshin, goooooo download it. It’s easy enough to find and you wont be stealing or wronging any rights because it never aired anyways.

Originally posted by Evangelion
Really? OK then anyone who is checking out the Seisouhen (the true ending) of Kenshin, goooooo download it. It’s easy enough to find and you wont be stealing or wronging any rights because it never aired anyways.

I’ve been looking for pages of those manga’s for a while.
However a lot of the pages that once carried them shut down since they started traslation the manga for Shojen Jump or what ever the devil that manga book is called.

Originally posted by Nightblade
[b]Like others said, Trigun is great. If you want a good mix of action and comedy, try Full Metal Panic.

Then there is Chrno Crusade, a great new anime. (No, that’s not a spelling mistake and it has nothing to do with Chrono Trigger) [/b]

I didn’t knew there is a anime of chrno crusade. The manga isn’t finished in japan yet, is it?
Anyway, I’d like to see that.:hahaha;

Originally posted by Devillion
If you liked Noir then you would probably like this anime i’ve been watching. Its called gunslinger girl, and i think its one of the best i have seen for a long time. Theres no DVDs that i have seen but there are some bittorrent files here.

I actually saw the trailer for it on one of the Noir dvds, so yeah, I guess it’s out. It seemed a lot more darker and more depressing than Noir though… What exactly is it about? (besides girls… who use guns ;P)

Thanks for the tip on Chrno Crusade, I got the two first episodes so far and it rocks :slight_smile: A bonus is that the leading char Chrno (duh) looks like a combination of Vincent (FF7) and Magus (CT) :smiley:

Originally posted by Astral
I actually saw the trailer for it on one of the Noir dvds, so yeah, I guess it’s out. It seemed a lot more darker and more depressing than Noir though… What exactly is it about? (besides girls… who use guns ;P)

Orphaned or homeless girls taken away by the government, given metal implants to make them stronger n’stuff, and then paired up with an agent and sent out to kill. I saw the first couple, but i haven’t gotten around to watching any more.:too bad;

Originally posted by Devillion
If you liked Noir then you would probably like this anime i’ve been watching.
If you liked Noir, then you should really get around to watching some actual GOOD anime. The only thing redeeming about noir was the music. Everything else was just tedious, boring crap. Except Chloe and Altena. They were really cute. But other than that, Noir isn’t worth the time or energy you spend sitting to watch it.

Since I don’t think anyone else has mentioned it yet, Gundam Wing is a great anime to check out as well.

Originally posted by Weiila
Thanks for the tip on Chrno Crusade, I got the two first episodes so far and it rocks :slight_smile: A bonus is that the leading char Chrno (duh) looks like a combination of Vincent (FF7) and Magus (CT) :smiley:

gets it

>.>
<.<

Originally posted by Hades Shinigami
[b]If you liked Noir, then you should really get around to watching some actual GOOD anime. The only thing redeeming about noir was the music. Everything else was just tedious, boring crap. Except Chloe and Altena. They were really cute. But other than that, Noir isn’t worth the time or energy you spend sitting to watch it.

Since I don’t think anyone else has mentioned it yet, Gundam Wing is a great anime to check out as well. [/b]

I dunno, I don’t find it tedious or boring. There’s been enough variability in the episodes to make it interesting (for example, the one with Prince Mishkin, the ones with the Intoccabile)… I CAN understand where tedium could set in… with the flashbacks, since they’re so frequent and sometimes kind of drawn out. I was irritated with them once or twice, but usually I try to piece everything together while they’re playing, try to guess exactly who’s doing what, why, when, etc. So far (and I’m not even half-way through yet) the series has portrayed both Mireille and Kirika as human, which is pretty important since it made me actually care about what happens to them. As far as Chloe and Altena are concerned… I’ve only seen two episodes with them (well, Altena showed up earlier, but she was nameless) and they’re both… weird. o_O

I used to watch Gundam Wing on cartoon network… I liked them then, so I would prob’ly like them now.

GW was alright. It wasn’t that great though. For one, it had some of the worst voice acting I have ever seen.

Gundam Wing was the first Gundam I saw, so it holds a special place in my heart. But after having seen both, I have to say that the three movie version of the 0079 Mobile Suit Gundam is superb, more so than Gundam Wing, or any of the other Gundams. For me, the good guys seem more realistic, and not meant to be “cool”, really (on a side note, I love Kai! Even though he’s a selfish and lazy guy at times, he still fights :D). And the bad guys, ie, the Zeon, are competent too; at least in the movies, even the 1-shot guys act like soldiers and not like glory-hogs (ie, “I will be the one to defeat him! I will kill this man! I must!”), you know those kinds of characters. Char, the primary antagonist to the main character, just kicks ass. A friend of mine I got to watch the movies who had only seen GW before, switched his top regard from Zechs to Char (Zechs is based on Char, by the way, but just isn’t as damn good). And, surprisingly enough, Zeon doesn’t just have one good ace pilot; others like Ramba Ral are pretty damn good. But, anyways, yeah. I happen to view the movie version to have the best anime representation of modern-type war (or in this case, slightly post-modern) in how it concerns the big picture, supply necessities, and so on. Watch it! Or else the Black Tri-Aces will come haunt you!

Wing is pretty good, at least as far as gundam goes.

And pierson summed gunslinger girl up pretty nicely, but one of the things that i really liked about it was how it showed how hard it was for the girls to cope with their normal lives, much less the situation they were now forced into.

Episode one and two are pretty much the same episode by the way. You can skip 2 if you like and go right to 3.

Bah, Gundam sucks. Macross Zero is so much better :stuck_out_tongue:

You die now, Nightblade.

Oh, and you should check out Sonic X!

Link tot hem is in my sig.

Take my advice though. DOWNLOAD THE JAPANESE EPISODES!

BTW, Sonic says “SHIT!” in english in Episode 2 Japanese. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve seen parts of almost every gundam they’ve aired on cn(except sd). They were ok.

Blue Seed might be fun to check out. It’s more of a love comedy, though, with some Japanese mythology.

After having watched Macross only yesterday (thanks for the name NB :P) I can say that it owns all Gundams.

SUPER DIMENSION FORTRESS FOREVA.

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
[b]Oh, and you should check out Sonic X!

Link tot hem is in my sig.

Take my advice though. DOWNLOAD THE JAPANESE EPISODES!

BTW, Sonic says “SHIT!” in english in Episode 2 Japanese. :stuck_out_tongue: [/b]
Heh, you remind of pro-dbz fanboys who try to convince me that DBZ is more mature in japanese because there’s more blood and they even SWEAR :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’ve seen it in japanese. I can honestly say it’s just as shitty. ^^ (DBZ, not the one you mentioned :stuck_out_tongue: Haven’t seen that :stuck_out_tongue: )