Random Discussion: Humorous Movies

What comedy movies have made you all laugh the hardest?

I love Mel Brooks’ stuff (Spaceballs being the cream of the crop, of course), and I’m a big Adam Sandler fan.

I’m also wild about that one Joe’s Appartment. That one never fails to make me laugh.

And, of course, I’m a sucker for the classics. Ghostbusters, Caddyshack, Animal House…all the great ones.

Another one of my all-time favorates is The Blues Brothers. That’s one of those movies that you can’t not love. :hahaha;

Ghostbusters was funny? I thought the movie was goofy, not really comedic. Animal House is certainly a classic no doubt.

I don’t really own any funny movies, although I really, really should. I need to crack down, stop buying cigarettes, save money and go on a spending spree and get a load of comedy movies. Sometimes, there’s really nothing better than sitting down and watching a funny movie.

I loved the Scary Movies. Adam Sandler is great too. My favorite comedy of all time however, is Meet the Parents. Kill Bill was so violent it was funny to me.

I enjoy a lot of funny movies, but one of my favorites is Office Space. Get a full-time, non-retail, non-food service job, and I can almost guarantee that you’ll identify with this one.

edit - I can’t believe I left out National Lampoon’s Vacation and Christmas Vacation.

Yeah, the Ghostbusters are funny movies. Kevin Smith movies are also pretty good and funny. A plus and minus to them though is that each one has jokes that are funny if you’ve seen the others.

Originally posted by VickiMints
I enjoy a lot of funny movies, but one of my favorites is Office Space. Get a full-time, non-retail, non-food service job, and I can almost guarantee that you’ll identify with this one.

I agree, office space pwnz.

This is spinal tap and any of the Monty Python movies are my favourites.

Well I like the spoofier movies like the first two Naked Gun movies. (Though Leslie Nielsen overplayed the spoof role by a whole lot)

And love it or hate it but I thought Kung Pow was pretty good.

There’s nothing funnier than making your own movies and laughing at how bad you’re acting - especially when you were trying to be serious.

As far as actual commercial movies, I’m a big fan of the Python movies, as well as old sci-fi films that try to be serious. I’d say Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is one of my favorites.

Clue and The Whole Nine Yards.

Originally posted by RoguePaladinTrian
Clue

There’s a classic RIGHT THERE. Murder has never been so hilarious.

Evolution, Johnny English,

I dont watch comedic movies, I only watch good movies.

I would have to say the Monty Python movies, with The Holy Grail being my favouyrite. And Airplane, that was pretty funny.

Half Baked is fucking hilarious too.

I don’t like stupid comedies. The thing that made me laugh the hardest ever is probably Robin Williams’ Broadway special.

Robin Williams is a comedy GOD.

Second Hand Lions is hillarious.

Another movie that is pretty funny is Pirates of Penzance, based off of the Gilbert and Sulivan comedic opera.

I love comedy movies…I actually have a hard time watching anything else; it has to be like, really good for me to watch it if it’s not comedy :stuck_out_tongue:

My favorite comedies…

Wayne’s World 1&2: They’re like, the quintessential comedies. There’s not much you can really say about these, they’re just like classics :stuck_out_tongue:

Mystery Men: One of the most clever, diverse comedies I’ve ever seen. It’s got slapstick humour, and subtle, clever jokes. And its parody of all things superhero is probly the funniest shit I’ve ever seen. It’s also got the best one-liners of any comedy I know.

Robin Hood: Men In Tights: Best Mel Brooks movie ever. It’s just… I don’t know :stuck_out_tongue: If you’ve seen a Mel Brooks movie, you know what it’s like, probly. It’s just the best one :stuck_out_tongue:

Super Troopers: It’s such a dumb movie. I’m not sure how not to laugh at this. It’s just such a ridiculous movie. If you’re a fan of that sort of humour, that like, uber-slapstick humour and retarded situation comedy, then this is where it’s at.

The ‘Major League’ Movies: These ones are pretty good. They’re kinda funny on their own, but they’re a lot funnier if you’re a big fan of baseball. And uh, if you are, be sure to watch these :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by GG Crono 4
Robin Williams is a comedy GOD.

I’d definitely have to agree there, even though Billy Connolly is funnier :-p :hahaha; my fave comedy movies’d have to be Life of Brian and Holy Grail, though, and Airplane- movies that make me laugh from start to finish are movies I like a hell of a lot. :hahaha;