R.I.P. Sept 7, 2002 - July 14, 2003

On this day my computer officially bit the dust. It had a hard drive failure. All of my files are lost (and I had a LOT of them). Using the system restore didn’t work. After the second time, I got a boot message telling me to back up my files since had drive failure was immenent. However, my computer froze, locked-up, then crashed each time making back-up impossible. Now, it won’t boot at all and it tells me to use the system restore (like that’ll help…:thud:). The only good thing is that it is still under warranty, so I can just take it back and get a brand-new one in exhcange. This blows.:hmm:

Go to one of those people that can recover HD data. It’s probably covered under waranty.

Originally posted by Green Mage
Go to one of those people that can recover HD data. It’s probably covered under waranty.
They have to break the sticker on those, which nulls the warranty.

Hmm, that’s sad… Losing files is the worst thing in my opinion

No, losing your left nut to the grinder while mastrubating with it during your lunch break and then using the staple gun to close the wound is the worst thing.

Originally posted by Green Mage
No, losing your left nut to the grinder while mastrubating with it during your lunch break and then using the staple gun to close the wound is the worst thing.
Sig worthy.

By the bright side, you’ll now have a faster, stronger, better, harder machine.

Originally posted by Ren
By the bright side, you’ll now have a faster, stronger, better, harder machine.

Not really, I’ll just be getting a new one of the same exact model. Plus, it is prett powerful with little topping it.

2.2 gHz prossesor
120gb hard drive
512 mb SDRAM
DVD-Burner
etc.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
They have to break the sticker on those, which nulls the warranty.

Read the last note.

Info, you can try putting your crashed HD into your new comp when you get it, and try backing up your stuff then. It may be okay as long as you don’t boot from it – long enough to bail your data, anyway.

your vaio?

Originally posted by Kero Hazel
[b]http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/perf/qual/warrantyRecovery-c.html
Read the last note.

Info, you can try putting your crashed HD into your new comp when you get it, and try backing up your stuff then. It may be okay as long as you don’t boot from it – long enough to bail your data, anyway. [/b]

That’s not possible since it is a one for one exchange. I give them the broken one and the give me a new one of the same model. I keep nothing of it. Believe me, the only way to save my system is to copy the files to a disk, which isn’t possible considering how fucked up it is.

your vaio?

Yep.

Maybe I should clear something up since many seem to be missing this. The computer is manufactured, not custom built or anything. It still has all of the same parts that I came with it when I bought it.

oh man that hurts. My pc just had a similar issue. I was lucky and managed to make a back up. I would take that HD over to a store that can check a few things out. My dad’s ex-imac also had a beyond hope fragged hd and they still managed to get the info out.