R.I.P. Arthur C. Clarke

At the ripe old age of 90 in Sri Lanka.

I remember watching his Mysterious World show back in the 80s and 90s, really piqued my interest in science and weird things as a kid. :confused:

Nuuu. ;_;

There goes the other half of the writers that brought us 2001. ;_;

He will be missed.

:frowning:

I thought he was olderā€¦but he will be missed.

NO!
I was waiting for the sequel to Firstbornā€¦ ;-;

I have to say though, itā€™s pretty impressive that he lasted till 90. Most famous people donā€™t get to live that longā€¦

Whoops, double postā€¦

2001: A Space Oddyssey was one of the first ā€œadultā€ books I read when independently. I donā€™t think I understood as much as Iā€™d like to think when I was nine or ten, but I really loved it, and it got me into science fiction, and eventually fantasy and horror. He was one of my fatherā€™s favorite authors, too. May he rest in peace.

I used to love that Mysterious World show he had. It was a classic.

Heā€™s not dead, heā€™s just traveled through the monolith and transformed into a being of pure energy.

My God, Itā€™s Full Of Stars, Indeed, Sir Arthur. Thank you for the books.

His books are goodā€¦

but he was kicked out of england and relocated to sri lanka because he liked little boysā€¦ allegedly.

Wrong. stamps with WRONG stamp
Around the time he got knighted, a rag called The Sunday Mirror published a story accusing him of pedophilia. The police of both England and Sri Lanka investigated and found it to be total, baseless BS. The paper was forced to print an apology, and Clarke was knighted shortly thereafter. Heā€™d lived in Sri Lanka for over 40 years before that.

I stand corrected and relieved.

Ahhhā€¦ great author of great books. He wrote alot more books than I thought, though ā€“ time to hit up Barnes and Noble.