Question

Someone recently asked me this and I have no clue: Do robots have emotions? Frankly, robot psychology or psychology in general is not an area of expertise for me. If I had to make a decision, I would say no because I would think they would be too electronic. Once again, I don’t know. Does anyone have any information on this or know a website I could check out? I would prefer a scientific view over a machine-loving nerd’s.

No except in various TV show and RPGs.

Considering many robots are just arms.

Psh, robots can react to stuff in such a way that it appears they have emotions. but they dont, neural nets arent capable of sustaining emotions unless fitted with a emotion chip which are highly unstable.

Sure they do, as long as they’re rational.
Isn’t that an oxymoron?

Star Trek nerd.

Unless they are programmed to feel certain emotions, it probably doesn’t have emotions.

Dunno, all i know is that they had to recall “Teddy Ruxben” because if he was turned on for too long, he would kill the first born of the family that bought him.

I guess a robot could have emotions, if that was programmed in, but that kind of technology wont be around till 2153, and the first prototypes could only feel base emotions under predefined circumstances…

Copycat wannabe. =)

Computers/Robots can only do what has been programmed. It recieves a signel and responds as it has been programmed. In order for a robot/computer to display any form of emotion, it would need to be programmed into it.

People already have problems discribing emotions as it is, so I doubt there will be any emotions programmed any time soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT? DON’T YOU KNOW JOHNNY 5??? ;_;

OMG SHORT CIRCUIT YES

Don’t you want to be a Pepper too?

Wow, this thread totally usurped the animal thread’s poisition. Just goes to show how much cooler robots are than animals.

No wonder my dad trashed the doll.

Question: Does Hades really have a life?

Sorry I just want to see how cool my avatar looks.

lol! It looks like the Famous Fat Boy :stuck_out_tongue:

There will be no mocking of Danielle Moonstar. Haven’t you ever read X Force?!