Question Please Answer IN A TIMELY FASHION: WHAT DO YOU USE TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC?!

piratebay / Vuze. You can download individual files if you learn how to use the client.

Soulseek isn’t nearly as good as it used to be. It used to be excellent for techno music, as a lot of techno is only released on vinyl. Rippers would rip the music off the vinyl into 320kbps MP3 and host em up on soulseek. Now pretty much all of that traffic has moved to private torrent trackers. Of course, thanks to sites like beatport, pretty much all the music can be obtained without ripping vinyl now as well, so the demand has died off a bit. The client hasn’t been updated in years, and the server is buggy as hell. It’s really old school in that you can only download from one user at a time, and if that user disconnects or whatever, it won’t be able to continue DLing the file from other sources. If your tastes are mainstream, just stick to public trackers. Otherwise, better start begging for invites on private trackers.

Wouldn’t know since I don’t listen to techno :stuck_out_tongue: It’s still a goldmine for black/ pagan/ viking / true scottish pirate metal and others. :smiley:

I only list to post progressive neo black/ pagan/ viking / true scottish pirate metal fusion these days

zep: Holy fuck, that would sound horrible.

By the way, I’ve heard Troll metal is it’s own subgenre. Is this true? Or is it really just folk metal about Trolls? I’ve heard enough Scandinavian troll related bands, though (and enjoy most of them).

you forgot the “-core”

I used Ruckus until a few months ago when they out-of-the-blue shut down their services overnight because of money issues. It was like Qtrax is; DRM’ed everything, ad supported. But DAMN I could get ahold of almost ANY album I wanted! It was especially helpful for getting ahold of jazz albums when I needed to hear different variations of a standard or discover a new sort of vibe.

Thankfully, I looked up a few artists/albums on Qtrax and it delivers the same, if not more, number of selections. I was impressed that they had some Rod McKuen up, as well as more Vince Guaraldi.

Now, as for DRM’s…

oh

Scottish Highlanders or Lowlanders? Because the ones you’ll choose are surely posers who don’t get it. And wear no leather panties and how is that true metal then, hm?

Alestorm, ignoramus!

I always thought No True Scotsman would be a good name for a band, although it would be kinda nerdy.

And a fallacy to boot.

*Alestorm? Is that a mix of Running Wild (theme) and Tankard (name)?