Question Please Answer IN A TIMELY FASHION: WHAT DO YOU USE TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC?!

I use bit torrents to get entire albums/discographies but I want just one song. I haven’t done this in years. Do people still use Napster?

AIMIRC

Qtrax is free and legal if you don’t mind the shit getting DRMed out of you. Since you can take the DRM off later. . .

Absolutely nothing.

I sold out, I use iTunes.

You can still use BitTorrent to get single files - I use uTorrent and will just select the only songs I need/want.

Limewire

You can download BitLord, which will allow you to pick and choose specific files from a torrent.

Or, I just use Soulseek.

I use Ares for singles, BitTornado for albums.

Soulseek or DC++.

This. Used to use Limewire, but I started getting suspicious of it, and found out that shit was semi-traceable.

Yeah. I use Marshmallow Bandit and Kumquat. If I need to use Torrents, then I get them a file at a time (like most people here) with Phallus.

I don’t download music anymore, I just look it up on Youtube.

The internet.

I used to use LimeWire, but I have switched to uTorrent.

Tasty waffles

There’s a lot going on about spotify right now and a few of my friends are giving out positive feedback.

Soulseek. for years now.

Has soulseek gotten better since the days when it fucking sucked? I remember it used to give barely any hits for barely any songs compared to limewire.

soulseek is mainly for underground musik and non- mainstream genres. it has tons of hits for all kinds of metal, techno/trance and hiphop and triphop in weird languages. if you’re searching for stuff like I dunno, christina aguilera, you’re not likely to find anything.