Question for FFVIII people.

I’m asking in this forum because more people are likely to know, and this seems a little to obscure to be in the Shrine.

In FFVIII, does anyone remember the Ragnarok having a flightstick or a bunch of buttons to pilot it? I’m writing a big (read, massive) fight scene for ‘Echoes of the Past’, the Diamond Dust sequel, and one section involves Ultima Weapon and the Ragnarok chasing each ther through the sky dogfighting. It’s just so I know what terms to use. Did anyone notice which it uses? Feel free to delete this thread when an answer is given, or I’ll post the finished chapter.

Hmm. You know, I never really looked that closely.

I could “research” it (i.e. go play the game) and get back to you. But I don’t know off the top of my head.

I’ve just gone with whatever I feel like using when it comes up, “right” answer be damned. :get it?:

I think it had a wheel, like all the other airships in the FF games. I could be wrong though.

I think it had a wheel, like all the other airships in the FF games. I could be wrong though.

I seem to remember Selphie holding on to joysticks.

Not really sure, but I would probably say it had a mixture of the controls. Namely a joystick for flying manually, and buttons to activate weapons/autopilot.

Originally posted by Heaven’s Soldier
Not really sure, but I would probably say it had a mixture of the controls. Namely a joystick for flying manually, and buttons to activate weapons/autopilot.

Phew. thanks guys. That makes it a whoooole lot easier to write.

Sounds very interesting, post it when your done will ya?

Sure. Unlike most of my chapters, it’ll probably make sense stand-alone, as I tend to rely on prior knowledge quite a lot.

Hows the site going?

To hell. I can’t seem to find the time to get the templates working, and what fics are sent my way, MSN manages to maul in transit to my inbox. Damn MSN.

Are mine okay?

They will be shortly. Gets big hammer

When will ya be updating them? BTW did I send you a full version of The Sephir, if I did are you going yo use it?

I’ll use everything I get, and it depends on whether my leaky bband connection is working.

Did you get it though? If so I had an idea for a picture, an Angel Wings motif with crossed Katana’s over it.

Ooooh. Stylish. Will do.

Yay.

But do you have The Sephir Pierson? I think I sent you it but after all you said it might be screwed up.

Crap, jumped on this one a little late. I thought about it and thought about it and realized you never get a clear look at the Ragnarok control console, the camera angle is from the front of the cockpit on an angle towards the back. Still, Selphie’s yanking on something.