Question about Internet Explorer

Mine is going as slow as hell. I’ve been using Mozilla and Opera for the past 6 months, but I was wondering if there was a way to get it back up to speed. Its been taking almost 5-10 minutes to load a single page. Any suggestions?

When it gets to that, I usually have one of two problems:

1. I’m using too much memory. Restarting the computer usually does the trick.

2. My Internet is simply acting screwey. I have cable, and it’s known in the area for not being the most stable thing around.

I’ve tried 1 before and it didn’t help. And 2 I dunno, seeing as how Mozilla and Opera work fine.

1. Click “Tools” menu.

2. Click “Internet Options”

3. Go to the “Connections” tab

4. Click on “Settings…”

5. Uncheck “Automatically Detect Settings”

6. Go back to the “Connections” tab.

7. Click on “LAN Settings…”

8. Uncheck “Automatically Detect Settings”

It’s magic.

Or you can empty the history and the histories of Opera and Mozilla, that helps me when Opera starts taking up a lot of RAM

Ok, I got the thing working again. I did something like what Cless said. Thanks.

Why would you even want to use IE when Opera and Moz got much better interfaces and rendering engines and everything?

Originally posted by Wertigon
Why would you even want to use IE when Opera and Moz got much better interfaces and rendering engines and everything?

Because not all webpages work with Opera and Mozilla, I’d imagine. You complain about that all time time, remember?

Flashpeak’s Slimbrowser is awesome. I like it much better then Mozilla, Opera, or any other browser I’ve ever come across. Probably becasue I don’t hate IE, and that’s what it’s based off of.

<b><u>IE IS A BRAINWASHING TOOL THAT BILL GATES USES TO MAKE YOU LIKE HIM!!! KILL BILL GATES! LONG LIVE LINDOWS! LONG LIVE OPERA 7.0!!!</u></b>

(I roam these boards on Opera 7.0, they look so much prettier that way.)

Ew, Lindows. :enguard:

I use Opera, but I hate the way it doesn’t show some webpages properly. Whenever that happens though, I just copy the link address and open it in IE, so not really that much trouble. It’s definately better than IE.