quanti et quibus nominibus?

Forgive me a moment as I ask the basic question about the SaGa series. How many games are in the series, and what are their names? Meh, I’ll even ask what systems they are all on.

I’ve played the (assumption here) latest three on Playstation and Playstation2, but posts on this board lead me to believe that this series dates back to FFL or even before.

This to me constitutes good news.

Final Fantasy Legend 1, 2, and 3 are all SaGa games. Followed by Romancing SaGa 1, 2, and 3 for the SNES. After this, SaGa Frontier 1 and 2 for Playstation, and Unlimited SaGa for PS2.

Truth, my friend. :smiley:

There are 9 games in the series; 3 of them are on game boy, 3 of them were on SNES, but never released in the United States, 2 of them are on PSX, and the latest one is on PS2.

The first 3 were released in the U.S as Final Fantasy Legend 1-3 on Game Boy. The actual names are Makai Toushi SaGa (Knights of the Demon Tower SaGa), SaGa 2 Hihou Densetsu (SaGa 2 Legend of the Secret Treasure), and SaGa 3 Jikuu no Hasha (SaGa 3 Ruler of Time and Space).

The next 3 were the SNES ones, called Romancing SaGa 1-3. They were never released in the U.S, but fan translations of all 3 have them have been worked on. RS1 & 2 are pretty close to completion; and RS3 has been complete for about 4 years now. http://donut.parodius.com <— They have the translation patch, and information on how to use them if you don’t know. All you have to do is find a rom.

The next 2 were the SaGa Frontier games on PSX. There really isn’t much else to say about them; this is where the games stopped being so much different from U.S to Japanese versions. :stuck_out_tongue:

There WAS another game on this one handheld console in Japan called WonderSwan Color, which has a game on it called Wildcard. Of course, it’s a card game :stuck_out_tongue: It was done by I think the same group that does the SaGa games, and originally was going to be called a SaGa game. Later in the development though, as I hear, the 'SaGa part was dropped from the title. It really is a cool looking game, but since I don’t know any japanese, it’s kinda hard to play it. :stuck_out_tongue: You’d be hard-pressed to find a rom too; I don’t even remember where I found it :stuck_out_tongue:

Then, the last game, of course, is Unlimited SaGa, on the PS2. Again, not much to say on this one, I’m pretty sure there weren’t really a lot of changes between versions.

Wow, nice responses, thank you very much for informing me. This of course brings the terrible news that Final Fantasy (when illegitimately given credit for games that were renamed in the US like the early SaGa series) has spawned over two dozen follow up games. Though I know this number to be an exaggeration I still worry about our world. :mwahaha:

Meanwhile back in real number land, this makes me happy to know that there are plenty of SaGa games I can play, because I like the latest renditions, so the others must be good. Now I just need to figure out why the G is capitalized…

Because SaGa is so much cooler than just Saga, obviously. Logic, man! Logic!

also, it allows one to abbreviate SaGa Frontier 1 to SGF1 and not SF1, which can be mistaken for Shining Force 1 ( a neat game that was just remade for GBA) but, yeah, I guess the main reason is that SaGa is much cooler than Saga…