pwned..

I have been thinking, and i’ve come to ask, "what is the point of having a kick/ban script that says “pwned” ? All it really does is piss people off, and if you arent trying to piss people off and be professional and civil, why have this script ?

!pwned is a script that was originally intended for use as solely a joke kick, a phenomenon which most chatters understand. It did get used for a bit to deliver serious kicks, but we ahve since shied away from that. It is now back to its roots as a joke kicker, and one that is generally used against only ops and deadtear.

As for anything else, don’t judge it unless you’ve seen it in action. Which, you haven’t since you’re, you know, banned.

984, Kinda interesting how you said “we shied from that” though…

Ohh please explain what you meant by that, because my feeble mind is too empty to comprehend, oh great one.

Shied away, as in the past tense of shying away. To draw back, as from fear or caution; recoil.

We realized that it was inappropriate to use the joke script !pwned to deliver serious kicks. So, we backed off from the habit out of caution.

And yes, I am great.

984, why do still see people complaining about it here then if you backed away ?
And you are right, i cant really see it first hand since i am… well, banned of course. Banned like… like… some really banned thing… and stuff

Only complaint about it I see is from Izlude. He’s hardly a good example to use as he has not seen much of the chat to accurately gauge joke kicks. And if it were a serious kick by zepp, well, I would say he erred in that regard.

Over-speculation ? Yes Please.

Why does Izlude remind me a lot of myself 2 years ago ?

I said it before and I’ve said it again. If I kick you, be it with a well-defined reason or if I simply do !pwn Born_Loser, it’s your responsibility to understand the rules and recognize that you’ve broken them. If you’re simply choosing to be blind toward the rules you’re breaking, that’s not my problem. If you really think I’ve erred, then message me. I am an unrelenting asshole in the chat, but I do not act that way in private messages. If you have a serious question, then message me, and I will be serious. If you make a thread about it on the chat room forum without discussing with me and without providing any proof I was being abusive (remember, I autolog, and I can produce evidence to shoot you down in that case anyday), then most likely I will be even more of an ass to you.

However, if anyone were to actually go and look at the logs, not counting joke kicks, I am probably one of the most lenient ops on the access list. Rarely ever will you find my name on the ban list. I generally tend to either a) if I see you trolling or something, I will start acting like a complete ass toward you until you inevitably take everything too seriously and leave in frustration (and of your own will) or b) I will try to reason with you. I very rarely ban, and if I do, I’ve usually kicked a number of times before I actually have. I did not make the pwn script to be a domineering operator, which I am not. I realize people might have started using it a bit too liberally, but if an operator wants to kick you, having a !pwn script isn’t the only reason he will do so, when typing one extra letter with !kick will accomplish the same thing.

I actually wasnt pointing any fingers or making any accusations. I remember the OP’s doing from way back in my time, and thought i would just ask “if it makes people angry, why do it ?”

Zepp, i really dont know you, so i cant say “he’s a good OP” or “He’s a bad OP”. I try not to make sweeping generalizations, and though it make look like i do sometimes, i dont mean to. It may sound like i am saying “all ops are evil corrupt bumkins who are servants of the devil conspiring souly against me” but i’m not. Hell, i’ve got friends that are OP’s, you think i wanna step on their toes ?