PSC crashed on astral

so I emailed the THQ guys; their response:

“In order to avoid this from happening, whenever you save in Phantasy Star to make sure the music is playing in full. If you try to save when the music is looping this may cause the problem to happen. Thank you.”

Thought some of you might be interested in knowing , having heard similar complaints. I emailed him back to define “looping” and “full”.

I blame it on the fact that PSC is a horrible piece of crap. It crashes all the time.

Still if that’s what helps it might be useful.

Originally posted by Flintedge
I blame it on the fact that PSC is a horrible piece of crap.

The mere fact that you apparently need to have the volume at full for it to save nicely reinforces that statement.

But then it’s loud and the music is horrible o.o

Hey, you could just mute it after you save. :stuck_out_tongue:

Better option: Get Golden Sun 1+2, then just emulate he four games on their original system. v.v

Besides, THQ isn’t exactly known for quality control. They earned a few black eyes back in the SNES days for making a lot of shitty franchise games (Home Alone, e.g.)

one needs to be home to emulate, something which I rarely am.

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
The mere fact that you apparently need to have the volume at full for it to save nicely reinforces that statement.

um, I don’t think they’re referring to the volume. :stuck_out_tongue:

But anyway, it’s only happened twice. I’ve gotten in the habit of saving really frequently to prevent losing anything important.

I like the game so far. shrugs

Erm, music, rather. :stuck_out_tongue:

… what’s PSC? :stuck_out_tongue:

Phantasy Star Collection (PS 1,2,3 GBA)

I hate the buggy game with a passion. I hit it several times before trading it in for Aria of Sorrow.
I’m glad Nintendo products are durable :stuck_out_tongue:

Sin, don’t you mean 1, 2 and 4? I thought they left out the 3 cuz it’s sorta the pariah of the PS series…

No, it’s 1,2,3.

I’d trade it for AoS too except I lost the receipt.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Sin, don’t you mean 1, 2 and 4? I thought they left out the 3 cuz it’s sorta the pariah of the PS series…

I think 4 was too big to add it on with the others. And I’ve heard good things about 3, so… why would you call it the pariah of the series? o_o

4’s the coolest huggles Rika

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
…Home Alone …

Worst. Game. Ever.

Astral: And I heard great things about Empire Earth. I rest my case |-P

I dunno what got improved in the PSC though, so maybe the problems with it were fixed. Orak might know more.

the only bug in PSC that I’ve really found was the crashing during Phantasy Star I while you save… other than that, the other two games run fine.

As for improvements, they are pretty much exact copies from their original version. I still like it though just because I’m a diehard Phantasy Star fan, and because the game is reborn where a lot of people never played these legendary games. I heard a rumor once (don’t ask for proof because I don’t have it), that Sega was trying to make a Phantasy Star V for either GBA or GC… I can’t remember. If I remember where I found it, I’ll let you all know.

Phantasy Star IV was not added because it was too big to fit on the cartridge. PS 1+2+3 together are still smaller in size compared to PS4.

As far as PS3 being a Pariah to the series, I guess you could call it that in a way, but it connects into the rest of the Phantasy Star series perfectly. But nobody would know that until they reached New Mota during the 3rd Generation.

Though it has that one bug to it, I still love the game. If THQ would have fixed that bug, maybe it would have been more popular, but meh. I’ve beaten Phantasy Star enough times to know my way forwards and backwards through the game, so if I crash during a save, I still know where to go, so it really doesn’t bother me.

Interesting. They don’t even make good SNES style loops. Though this is PS1 on the SMS , makes sense.

“The music repeats itself constantly, when one end of the music meets the other end, they are sealed by the loop, this is a noticable pause in the music. This is the loop end, do not save at this point, you can save the game at any other point (any other point being “full”).”

if you save it directly after a fight, you should be all set, since the music in most areas doesn’t loop until 15-20 seconds after the fight.