Pronounciation of ------>

How do you all say

<b>Evangelion</b>?

There was a big debate with some students in my art class in how this word is said.

I assumed it was always EFF-VAN-GELL-LEE-IN because I heard it said that way in an advertising commercial, and before that I had no clue how to say it.

Other ways I’ve heard, from my class:

Eve-van-gell-lee-in (similar to the way I say it now)

Eve-van-GEL-lee-in

Eve-in-gall-lee-in

When you guys shorten my screen name to Eva, I hear it as “Eff-fa” and not “Eve-a”.

So yeah Im just curious and was wondering if anyone knows the correct way of saying it.

I prefer the way Misato says it in the series; Basically, you pronounce it like you write it…

I say it “Eee-van-je-leon”, or something along the lines of that.

Originally posted by Mabatsekker
I prefer the way Misato says it in the series; Basically, you pronounce it like you write it…

And that can be interpreted in a number of ways :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never seen the series, so, well that kinda answers my question.

Evangelion, prounounced with Norwegian/Japanese vowels. I have an advatage that way, Norwegian and Japanese vowels sound alike: At least to me.

I pronounce it E-vahn-gehl-ee-ohn

i say “neon gen” or “eva” when im talking about it with friends.

I could say eee-van-gel-on, bit there would be no I. Maybe Eee-van-gel-lih-on.

IT’S EFF-VAN-GELL-LEE-IN BABY~

I say it, “E-vahn-gell-lee-on”. But hey that’s just me.

Originally posted by Steve
I pronounce it E-vahn-gehl-ee-ohn

Eve-an-juh-lin

Evangelist + lion

Simple, I don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

No seriously, I haven’t had to pronounce it in so long, I’ve forgotte how I used to pronounce it :stuck_out_tongue:

But I think I would be able to pronounce it “correctly” if I tried…
I’m reading japanese at school :stuck_out_tongue:

I personly say { Eee- Van - gell - I- on} but there is still debate on how to say this. :enguard:

eh-van-gel-ion

Originally posted by Cecilian
I personly say { Eee- Van - gell - I- on} but there is still debate on how to say this. :enguard:

Mine goes E-Vahn-JE-Leeon

The ‘E’ being pronounced as the ‘e’ in ‘vest’, the ‘a’ right after the ‘v’ being pronounced as the ‘a’ in ‘Hanz’. I don’t pronounce those two ‘y’.

When I say Eva, it sounds either like ‘E-Vah’ (same pronounciationg key as above) or ‘ee-vah’.

Eh-van-gel-ion

I also pronounce it “KEE UVV ZEE TWI-LITE-OH!”