Private Lynch rescue story over exaggerated?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/correspondent/3028585.stm

Interesting.

Private Lynch, a 19-year-old army clerk from Palestine, West Virginia(…)

I always thought Palestine was next to Israel.

Huh, that’s a very interesting twist. I’m sure the military doesn’t like hearing this going around.

That absolutely disgusts me. I have even LESS faith in our military, now.

Which is why I believe hardly anything I see on the U.S. media about these wars. Almost all of it is just propaganda.

Yeah… Might as well check out the Iraqi Information Minister’s site instead!

Originally posted by Sorcerer
[b]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/correspondent/3028585.stm

Interesting. [/b]

That ain’t so bad, not long ago there were papers here in the states running editorials stating that Lynch wasn’t even captured in the first place, and that the whole thing was staged. Real “Darth Vader lives in my underwear drawer” stuff.

I thought I remember hearing that she was a PFC, not a Private. However, I do believe that the story is over exagerrated. I guess it seems like they are trying to show a real “Saving Private Ryan” bit.

Hey guys, for all you know, they hospital staff could be lying.

As much as the rescuers. I think both sides try to be light-side and making the enemy the dark-side.

I believe that the incident happened, I just think that the media hasn’t treated it properly.

Originally posted by Infonick
I thought I remember hearing that she was a PFC, not a Private. However, I do believe that the story is over exagerrated. I guess it seems like they are trying to show a real “Saving Private Ryan” bit.

I think the military has confiscated your brain. PFC = Private First Class, therefore a Private.

A Private First Class is different from a regular Private, though. Anyway, from what I’ve read on the subject, she was rescued, with many theatrics but practically no heroics.

Vorpy: All PFCs are Privates, but not all Privates are PFCs. (At least last time I checked; Infonick can probably explain the degrees of Private better than I can.)

And I wish I could say I was surprised by this possibility, but…

Originally posted by Infonick
I believe that the incident happened, I just think that the media hasn’t treated it properly.

I agree, it probably happened but was blown way out of proportion.

Well, duh. Of course it was exagerrated! It was simply too Hollywood to pass off as the real story!

Anyone see Wag the Dog?

I should’ve seen it coming. Too obvious.

I’m not surpised in the least. Americans are into the whole propaganda thing and will take any oppurtunity to make the Iraq war seem justified. Then again all people in war do that.

I believe that. As soon as that story was leaked, it was as if the story was being pounded into my ears with a sledgehammer.