Prince of Persia coming to the silver screen.

<i>“Uber-producer Jerry Bruckheimer, looking to replicate the success of his film PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, has acquired the rights to the video game PRINCE OF PERSIA to adapt into a big-budget epic for Disney. John August (CHARLIE’S ANGELS, GO, BIG FISH) will co-write the script with the game’s creator Jordan Mechner. The film version will not follow the videogame exactly but like PIRATES will be inspired by the game’s characters.
The plot follows a 9th century Persian prince who August sees as a Indiana Jones-type character. He says, “He’s fourth in line to the throne, with no shot of ever becoming king. So it’s given him permission to lead a very reckless and exciting life.” Along with an enemy princess he discoveres a powerful artifact and they must band together to keep it out of the hands of a powerful despot who wants to use it to take over the world. The videogame was once highly popular dating back to its original incarnation on PCs back in the late-80s. But crummy mid-90s versions almost killed the franchise until last November when a revamped edition was released and went on to sell over 2 million copies. Bruckheimer has a number of films in development (as always) including KING ARTHUR due this summer and GLORY ROAD with Ben Affleck.”</i>

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=3735

Wow, a producer who has actually made a good movie (at least I heard pirates of the carribbean was good) making the movie adaptation of a good game that might actually be good as a movie? REJOICE!

Originally posted by IonMage
Wow, a producer who has actually made a good movie (at least I heard pirates of the carribbean was good) making the movie adaptation of a good game that might actually be good as a movie? REJOICE!

Remember Super Mario bros., Street fighter, Mortal Kombat 1 and 2? yeah mostly sad attempts.

Mortal Kombat 1 was “ok”. I like Cary Hirogawa (I forget his other name) <.<

Dunno that much about Prince of Persia, but it sounds interesting. I saw a preview for something called “Hellboy” at EB… is that based on a comic book, video game, whoknowswhatthehellitis? <.< Sounds familiar, but I can’t place it.

It’s based on a comic series published by Dark Horse. It’s actually a pretty good comic.