Potential Texas Governor proposes 50% tax on Soda, Video Games

Doot dee doo, I’m sure taxes on video games and soda would place much more of the tax burden on the poor than property taxes, so this is a GREAT idea! That way, when I’ve managed to work my way into the social elite of America, I’ll be able to sit pretty with my harem of hot babes and mai-tais in my tax shelter in the Bahamas while everyone else lives in horrible miserable poverty. This trend towards a 0% tax on the wealthy is AWESOME!

Everything kills people, UF. Anything can kill more people than everything else. You just have to get an amoral enough statistician to prove it for you.

Anyway, I actually like the idea, fundemntally. It’s the details (soda and videogames, not to mention the amounds) the bring up the issues. One of my largest problems with taxes is how people who will never use it are often paying for it. For example, I go to a magnet school in Denver. I pay taxes that go towards Jefferson County Public Schools, not Denver. Not only is this a waste of my money, since I am paying for something I will now never use, but it’s also hindering me, since my money isn’t going to something I will. Hence, I approve of the tax on cigarettes, if the money taken from those taxes goes to pay for healthcare for smokers, or at least healthcare. Hence, people will pay tazes for what they use, and non-smokers won’t have to pay for smokers’ treatment. However, a 50% tax is hardly necessary, and on videogames and soda? I don’t really see those as large areas that lead to public cost that should be diverted to those who use it.

Arac, I’m not sure you’ve ever met Jabricudis. His posts are often philosophically cryptic.

Agreeing with Arac on the gun thing. My friends live in Texas, that is going to be a pain. “No video games are far more violent than my two shotguns and golden-slim pistol hanging in my living room,” a old Texan.

Video Games: $74.99 ($49.99)
12-Pack Soda: $7.50 ($4.99)
Having continuing idiots running for political positions: PRICELESS

I enjoy the Texan LAN party idea, but which game would you choose? Something ironic is always delicious, but what? Perhaps something along the lines of the main character is set out to kill a Texas governor candidate for being a jerkass. Does anyone know the title of the game?