Popup Killers

i just hit Alt-F4…whats so hard about that?
and you can always right the damage done by using adaware

If you didnt read, I tried that, but it wasn’t working on its own. And its annoying to have them pop up when Im playing a game, it tottaly kills my focus and pisses me off.

I’m not sure if answered this or not, so I’ll ask again, are you getting web popups, a new browser window opens up containing the add, like traditional popups, or windows popups, the message shows up on your desktop, looks like a normal windows message box, and will often alt-tab you to it when it comes up?

If its the first type of popup, then all I could really suggest would be running a virus scan on your computer or checking if there’s a program running in the background you don’t recognize and shutting it down or deleting it if you can.

If however its the second type of popup, the messenger type, then I can probably fix your problem. These popups stem from a design flaw in the windows messenger program (not msn messenger mind you, windows messenger, they’re two different programs) however you can get around the problem by simply disabling the messenger service, something that nothing uses anyway (except those pop ups)
To disable the messenger service just do the following:
Start -> control panel -> administrative tools -> services
find the messenger service and double click on it
click stop to close it, then select disabled as the start up type.
click ok

and there you have it, you’ll never get another annoying messenger pop up ever again.

I hope this helps.