Pop is dead

Or he was just so badass that his heart couldn’t take it anymore. Sad tidings. :confused:

I don’t understand why people continue to embrace a child molester and a freak show that had his face carved off.

Ric Flair will never die. You bite your tongue.

Musical talent? King of Pop? He wasn’t bad, but I dunno… I’m not gonna pretend he’s Guthrie Govan just because he croaked. He’s recognizable, that’s for sure, but he wasn’t an artist. I feel more weird to see him go than sad. I just kind of always assumed he’d be creeping across the earth like… whatever he was. His persistent, foul presence was almost comforting in a way. The world is different now. I DON’T LIKE CHANGE. Urghh :frowning:

He wasn’t so much a great musician as a great performer. Pop is about the spectacle, not the music.

Looking at the amount of time and energy he put into what he did, I’m not surprised he was nuts.

Uhh I don’t know what either of you are talking about. Micheal Jackson is an excellent singer, and he’s not a half bad music composer, for that matter. Sure, there’s nothing particularly amazing about the music he writes, but it sure is cool to listen to. Anyways, an opinion is an opinion, but at least try not to make definitive judgments about his ability if you lack the knowledge to do so.

I’m old enough to have known all three of these celebrities since I was a child. (Except McMahon- the Tonight Show didn’t air here, though I still got to see the tail end of his performances when I got Cable.)

More than their deaths, the real sad thing were all the tragedies in their lives: McMahon and his money problems and accidents, Farah with cancer and her son’s drug use, and I don’t think I need to list all of Wacko Jacko’s troubles.

Still, as celebrities, they DID give us quite a lot of entertainment in their time. I hope all three rest in peace.

(And note: Farah wasn’t my favorite Charlie’s Angel. I liked the brunette (Kate Jackson) better. Though I would be lying if I said I never found Fawcett arousing. :wink: )

He was dubbed by others as The King of Pop. You can say he didn’t deserve the title, but it’s a title that has been long synonymous with Jacko.

I must now go download and play Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker.

Agreed. I’m just saying that the medium he chose, pop music, is what limited him.

But even with that, his pop is still the best there is. After watching all his music videos and listening to his music, there is no reason to ever listen to any other pop music. He did it best. I was trying to watch some emo-pop bands music video at my little cousin’s house, and the whole time I was thinking, “These guys are just trying to mimic Michael Jackson, and failing.”

I didn’t say he was bad, just overrated. I don’t know how much of his music he actually composed, but it was good, not stellar. And his singing was very rap-like. JMO. He seemed like more of a pop icon than a musician who actually knew music. I’ve heard your compositions and liked them much more than any of his songs. Kagato’s too. Fame doesn’t mean skill.

I wouldn’t say he’s overrated. He just has the best pop music ever.

I always did like his music videos as a kid. 'specially this one.

That, and Janet Jackson is still hot.

The msnbc headline says, “Jackson created childhood memories for many.” I couldn’t help but snort a little.

:hahaha;

Ignore me.

I don’t know who else noticed, but earlier today, AIM, Myspace, Facebook, Livejournal, Twitter and who knows else went down from the flood of people logging on and discussing this.

Michael Jackson broke the internet.

Aw, schmon.

Hee Heeeeeeee

QFT

I’m sadder about the last ten years of his life than about his death, frankly.