Plot Connections between Warcraft and Starcraft?

I honestly know very little of warcraft lore, or starcraft lore, however… my friends know a ton about it.

This is all just waht i’ve heard about WC3, but, i’ll mention it anyway.

There are hidden SC units all over the place, On certain missions you can find them. Hydralisks, other zerg units, Terran units, etc. Theyre all very well hidden and basicly just slightly better “skins” of normal WC3 units, but theyre in there.

Likewise, i doubt the games are connected on any sort of “continuing plot” level, but this is something else ive heard:

MASSIVE SPOILER OF DOOM!

From what i’ve heard, if you finish the frozen throne, you access a secret mission. Its like something directly out of SC, its the Terrans vs the Zergs, but… then the orcs come and destroy BOTH of them.

Hey guys! I think there’s plot connections between Starcraft and Chrono Trigger!! “Xel’Naga” and “Naga-ette!” GET IT!?!?!?!? OGMGOMGMGOMGOGMGMOGMOG LETS GOGOGOGOGOGO

Shut up Hades. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe Blizzard just got really lazy or something and decided to re-use the old plot.

Syl, I don’t remember any mission like that when I completed FT. There was an extra at the end of WC3 if you did it on hard, where Marines attacked Hydralisks/Zerglings in a small sequence. That’s about all though.

Maybe someone’ll make a fan-made campaign or mod linking them together or something. Who knows?

In some ways the plot of WC III is a rehash of the plot of SC.

1. You have a good guy who becomes evil and eventually outmaneuvers his/her opponents to become ruler of the world.

2. I would compare the Xel’Naga to the Titans, not the Naga. The manual explains that the Titans used to be the benevolent rulers of the Azeroth Universe, like the Xel’Naga were the benevolent rulers of the SC universe.

3. You have a pragmatic but destructive and selfish race(Terrans; Humans); a devouring, mindless race(Zerg; Undead); and an ancient, wise, noble, but prideful race(Protoss; Night Elves).

4. The humans’ territory is overrun by bad guys and destroyed(the capitol planet of the Terrans is overrun by Zerg, the land of Lordaeron is overrun by the Undead and demons and destroyed)

5. The main bad guy in the original CDs is destroyed, and the good guy who was corrupted then takes over in the expansion CDs.

6. The humans wreck a lot of damage in their overzealousness. There is a human good guy who hurts other good guy races because he thinks he’s doing the right thing(Mengsk; Admiral Proudmoore and that Paladin guy in the Blood Elves’ campaign)

There are probably other similarities, but I’m too lazy to think of them. If any of those points were listed in previous posts, sorry for not reading those posts. Looking back, I see d Galloway listed a lot of the ones I did, but in different ways.

Blizzard is split up into different sections. For example. Blizzard East works on the Starcraft series where as Blizzard West(?) works on the Warcraft series. They do not share direct information, but of course two games by the same company will be similar.

but…
if you look at VERY old Starcraft pictures (Beta testing) it looks exactly like warcraft 2 did :slight_smile:

As for similar plots, im thinking that they did just spiff up the starcraft version and changed new names. Also, dont forget about the plot twists in starcraft that did not appear in warcraft… Such as … oh, wait a minute… no one accually plays the single player campaigns? Oh.

Uh, you’re wrong. One end of Blizzard wroks on both Warcraft and Starcrat, while the other end works on Diablo.

And it’s not East and West. It’s North and South. North Does Diablo, South does The RTS games. Actually I’m not sure about South, but I know North does Diablo.

It’s just Blizzard and Blizzard North.

You guys are overlooking the real meaning behind my post…

I played the single player campaigns way more than I did play online. Online wc3 sucked, everybody just massed spell casters.