Pledge Redux

Um, I read your last post and just thought you were talking about why people should salute the flag. Oops, I guess.

Bleh, somewhat of a necropost, but I really couldn’t care less right now.

Well, here’s how today went with it. I walked into homeroom, sat down, and logged in. A few minutes later, my teacher walks in, moves me to an isolated part of the room, and tells me I can’t log on. I ask her why she’s doing it, feigning ignorance and hoping to get a reason to tell her why she can’t, and she says “If you don’t feel you have to stand for the pledge, you don’t need to be logging in.”
So I told her she cannot do that, and she makes up something about me being rude and not listening. First off, the only words I’d said to her prior to questioning her were my answer to her telling me I had to stand for the pledge, which were “No I don’t.” in the most polite voice I have, I didn’t even TRY to be rude about it. I don’t even KNOW where she got the “not listening” from, because if she means about not standing, then she didn’t have the power to tell me to do that in the first place.
I just left a message at the Principal’s office, I’ll see if I can’t explain it to him well enough to get something done about it. I just want this whole mess to end -_-
(not to mention it’s my freakin birthday)

It never fails to see humans be so stupid… Why are you all looking at me? wahhhh But i mean really if you don’t want to show respect for a silly piece of cloth you should be able to, it is america. But then again maybe the teachers are afraid everyone will start sitting down during the pledge, who knows.

I imagine that she said the part about “not listening” because she knows that she doesn’t have the authority to take you to task for not standing for the pledge, so she has to make something up in order to justify “disciplining” you. It’s good that you’re being polite, that’s the only way to act in these cases.