Please tell me why I shouldn't play WoW

I’m just hoping the Skaven will focus on Clan Skyre, playing a Warlock Engineer sounds goddamn fun. Or playing a Grey Seer and pissing yourself at EVERY OPPORTUNITY.

Are there any official war hammer websites? And any word of a beta?

I didn’t mean to sound like I’m not gonna try it out o_o

http://www.warhammeronline.com/

http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/community/faq/faq.php#How_beta_test

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/

Arac: It is safe to say that you have never played World of Warcraft. What you played was a game that used the WoW assets and client. Did your server even have quests? You can’t use wands while casting in WoW. I don’t think killing guards ever gave honor (if it did, then it was quickly removed). What is Death Curse? I don’t think priests ever had such a spell.

Once upon a time I felt the same way you did, Weiila; it was fun while it lasted or rather before the novelty wore off.

All in all, if you think you’ll get a small amount of enjoyment out of it, you might as well. If I could go back though, I wouldn’t bother with it; it really wasn’t worth the time/money/ect.

Good luck staving off the MMOflu.

:kissy:

Why not? Because in fifty years, you’ll look back and think, “I could have made dozens of friends, raised money and traveled to Japan, written novels, become athletic, found the perfect spouse, run for an office,” and so on, “but instead I played WoW for 300 days, 15 hours, and 25 minutes.”

I’ve only played Guild Wars myself, and I accumulated about thirty days before I gave it up.

Man TD, aren’t you jaded yet by every MMORPG that promises to be the best thing ever and ends up disappointing you?

Because it’s damn dull, even moreso than FFXI.

Incredibly so, I blame the really damn enthusiastic dev team and great source material (that’s a first) for getting me excited about WAR. If it ends up sucking I guess I’ll pretty much be done with MMORPGS <_<

Man TD, how do you let yourself get so psyched up by the marketing machine? How long have you been playing video games?

I don’t really get hyped by marketing, I get hyped by knowing the people that work on it and seeing them drunkenly post about what gigantic faggots elfs are. And at that, I’m very realistic about what it’s going to be at best: WoW with better content. Which is FINE, since that’s the one area WoW really, really fucked up with.

Death Plague?
Dark Curse?
Dark Plague?
Something with a D and Curse or Plague. I don’t know. Undead Priest exclusive. Heals you, damages others. Wand thing was a bug that we didn’t have the patches cracked to fix, where it keeps auto-attacking no-matter what else you are doing until the target is out of range or dead. There were quests, most of them just didn’t work for the undead (literally every quest outside the Sepulcher was impossible to complete for one reason or another), and I’m not about to go find some tusks for some orc motherfucker who won’t even give me a reward I can use. The guard honour may have actually been added to our server, rather than somethign WoW had and removed; we need something to get honour from, and there aren’t as many PCs, making it ridiculously difficult to go around PVPing the world to death to gain any decent amount of honour. You get some from there, but PVP was pretty much for “Oh, shit, that’s guy’s alliance. Oh, shit, I see him. Oh, shit, what do I do? Death curse/Death Plague/Whatever the fuck!” And surviving after that. It was for the meagre attempt at roleplaying a few people try on MMORPGs, rather than points.

You’re talking about Devouring Plague. The single spell that makes UD Shadow priests the most powerful class at level 70 right now.

Also stops smoking. A guy from my old guild stopped smoking so he didn’t have to take breaks between Battlegrounds.

I am not joking.

WoW is good for health.

And you guys really suck at convincing me not to play XP

uhh…

If you play WoW you’ll get AIDS and never be loved- just like Lanyx D:

:kissy:

Just play it and remain aware that it is in fact just a game? If your social/school/work life starts taking unreasonable hits, just cut back or quit.

Cause even the thought makes me bored? Not only you can’t beat the game, it also feels like Dragonball due to needless repetition and stretching of simple tasks. If you got an urge to do something nonsensical repeatedly beat FFI or play Tetris.

NINE THOUSAND AC!?!?!?