Please, no beatings (Necroposting idea)

Sin’s my love machine. ^.~

I dunno, I like our current way better because then you know that locked threads generally had something bad happen in them.

Does Necroposting really hurt anyone? I mean, if you don’t want to read the thread then smacks head don’t click the damn link. Don’t the Message boards go through a regular mass-thread removal anyway?

Yes it does.
It makes me feel nostalgic. *Sniff. I feel nostalgic now.

Yea, locking threads would stop it, but i hadnt even noticed any necroposting going on?

Originally posted by Merlin
I dunno, I like our current way better because then you know that locked threads generally had something bad happen in them.

Which, most of the time, drew even more attention to them because of that fact. If all old threads were locked everyone would overlook them.
Besides, When they’re old they’ve passed the first page already anyway. Freshly Mod-/Admin- locked threads are still on the first page.
I actually like the idea, maybe not for the main forum but for the others so you dont have to contstantly look how old the thread is. On the homework board for example, or the ff compendium.

Locked threads do draw more attention, and that makes mods and admins’ jobs easier :stuck_out_tongue:

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

The current system isn’t broken, so there’s no need to make changes to it.

Originally posted by Dragon Tear
Which, most of the time, drew even more attention to them because of that fact. If all old threads were locked everyone would overlook them.
Besides, When they’re old they’ve passed the first page already anyway. Freshly Mod-/Admin- locked threads are still on the first page.
I actually like the idea, maybe not for the main forum but for the others so you dont have to contstantly look how old the thread is. On the homework board for example, or the ff compendium.

I don’t really care if people read disciplinary locked threads. What matters is they can’t post in them :wink:

Figures. :stuck_out_tongue:
Chunky rawrs agreeing in the backround