Playing FFXII makes me weep

What’s wrong with respecting the beauty of the human body?

there is nothing wrong with respecting it, nothing at all, but when the human body distracts from one’s faith or something that is supposed to be higher than even the beauty of the body, and one flaunts their body over that faith, in a holy shrine no less, then it is wrong.

Somebody close this thread immediately before Ziggy goes into another ‘unmarital sex is sacrilege’ rant.

Not going to do that here, as its not even the subject and if people on this forum do not know my position, there’s something really wrong with them.

Note, I have nothing wrong in question with the clothes, it was where it was being worn, UNLESS this was simply the story’s use of yet ANOTHER controlling lie from the Temples, “Wear decent clothes, don’t go out like a tramp,” and yet their own powers that be, did it. To quote Wakka, “They treated us like dogs.”

Now the clothes are hot, I DID like them, might have liked to see Fran (though I never have played FF12) wear that, or one of her species. THAT WOULD BE FUCKING FREAKING HOT, AND would have made me a happy boy.

Nowhere does Yevon’s teachings say “dress modestly”. Spira is mainly a tropical world; most men and women are wearing very little, in fact.

That is very true, we know it gets hot too because of the mini game where Yuna goes around handing balloons. Although compared to how the other priests and nuns dressed, Yunalesca was dressed like a dream goddess. Now for a supposed “nun” or Nun like figure to dress like THAT shocked me, but not all that badly, I had to laugh. Her turning into a Medusa like thing. Kinda made me think, “Play with the easy girls, get a rough death!”

Why are you trying to compare Yunalesca to a nun? And besides, given that Yunalesca was supposed to be the last stop before battling Sin; only people who were about to die would have seen her, so the followers of Yevon would have had no real idea of what she looked like or wore.

Actually that is a good question chances of her being a nun are 1,000,000 to 1, with her being the first summoner, and summoners wore lots of different clothes, it was just a religious thing, but now that I’ve reexamined my thinking, she most definately was not a nun, and definately came out AFTER the temples were founded, before there were any nuns at all.

And again the Eastern idea of nun is a little more different than the western, I am not sure what the Asian religious nuns wore or DO wear. Does anyone?