Planetary Alignment: Awesome phenomena that we will never see.

GRAND CROSS!!!

countdown to necron/tomb raider joke begins… now

I don’t know, that’s pretty boring, science in general is pretty useless, alchemy, on the other hand, is where it’s at

Does this mean that Cha’turrga is coming?

Oh, yes, I remember this. That was quite a phenomenon indeed. Unfortunately, it brought about all sorts of apocalyptic silliness, as always, mainly, if I remember correctly, relating to some ancient Egyptian calendar.

Oh joy. Now we’ll have more two-three days Doomsday Cults.

It says “<b>On May 5, 2000</b> the planets Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn will be more or less positioned in a line with the Sun”, people :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry to ruin the fun.

We had more two-three days Doomsday Cults.

Good point why bring up something that is five years old.

Now if it were to happen again tomorrow, on the fifth day, of the fifth month, of the fifth year in the new millenium. Then that might be interesting.

Because I screwed up and really thought this was today (I read 2005 on a magazine and just skimmed trough the text). Anyhow, wasn’t there supposed to be a meteor rain or something today?

WHo are the people who actually believe that apocalyptic stuff?

Isn’t there one about the end of the aztec/mayan (can’t rember which) calendar too?

I actually saw something close to one of these a few years ago. It was cool, to see like five planets in the Eastern sky at twilight. My dad helped me get out the telescope and everything. Cold night, tho.

~Blazer~

Yes. There was a similar phenomenon in 2002. You could have observed 5 planets without using any instruments. Tremendous view under right conditions.

Oh NOES~

Nyarlathotep will kill the virgin Maya to destroy the world!

The same ones who believe the non-apocalyptic nonsense.

In any case, astronomy stuff is forever cool. I won’t forget how bright Mars was for so long a year or two ago. Ooh, and a couple days ago the Astronomy Picture of the Day was an animated image of a dust devil on Mars taken by one of the rovers.