Pissed off I am.

-A Radeon 9600 AGP is about $130 at Best Buy, and comes with an offer where you can get a free copy of Half Life 2.

-I don’t know anything about your computer, but if your computer is as old as you’ve made it sound in the past, then this really isn’t anybodies fault but yours. A good graphics card does not cost $500, or even anywhere near that.

I’m sorry about that, thats why you sould say “no” to PC games.

I agree with Alyx.

The pricing really isn’t as bad as some of you might suspect. If you prorate the cost of a given system out over the amount of time you’re going to be using it, it’s not so terrible. Let’s say I buy that Radeon 9600 for 130 dollars like Sorcerer said. That card will be more than capable of handling games for the next 4 years at least, and for the first two it will be top-rate. That’s only $32.50 a year, or $2.70 a month. Just buy three fewer sodas a month or three fewer packs of gum a month and you could have your Radeon 9600 :stuck_out_tongue: It’s also important to buy a card slightly behind the pricing curve. There was a time when the 9600s were probably 300 dollars or more, but now with the latest cards out its prices are slashed.

Now, obviously consoles would be cheaper over both the long and short-term. But, you can’t do as much with a console as you can with a computer. Plus, there are better computer games than console games right now :stuck_out_tongue: (with RPGs as the largest exception).

The only reason i want PC games is to play online
Why would I want to play a game that would play the same as if I’m play8ing it on my PS2?

PC Game shouldn’t be played offline
I am disliking the whole online thingy of Consoles…I like consoles cause they’re different from PCs.

Man. I know what you said isn’t directly retarded, but it just… SOUNDS that way.

That said, I do disagree with you on the computer games bit. There are a lot of games that are best played on a comupter, and a lot of computer games that are good and don’t need online play. I mean really, who wants to play a multiplayer version of Jill of the Jungle?

The Might and Magic series, as they are now, would be REALLY STUPID if played online. Heroes of Might and Magic notwithstanding.

Originally posted by StarStorm

That said, I do disagree with you on the computer games bit. There are a lot of games that are best played on a comupter.

It’s all preferance.
I for one, can’t stand using the keyboard. Ergo, I like playing FPS with controllers instead of M+KB.

I have a 64mb GeForce, so I’m safe, unfortunatly I don’t have the money for a 2-4ghz proccessor that is needed for most modern games. But 1.2ghz is good enough for meh anyway.

I do agree that the whole console vs PC thing is opinion, not fact. I personally cant stand playing FPS on a gamepad, I NEED the mouse+keyboard. But, i respect those whom prefer gamepads.

yeah yeah blah blah opinion relativism, I was just being purposefully incendinary :stuck_out_tongue:

My computer sucks, it won’t play up to date games for some reason… probably memory wise… so anything with half-decent graphics won’t work.

Originally posted by IonMage
When 64-bit windows comes out, i’m getting a new computer paid for by my parents, that can be ‘of any design i wish’. So… i’m set, now to just figure out how many gigs of ram i’ll fit on the thing :mwahaha:

It already has, Windows 2003 supports 64-bit processors.

yeah, but thats a server OS. Im thinking of a normal, household PC OS.