Piercings

I knew it existed, but I didn’t know exactly how it was made since I don’t look at that kinda stuff. Neither did I know it had a special name.

I will NEVER get a piercing or a tattoo. I have a violent phobia of needles.

And that Prince Albert thing…YEEK.

You wouldn’t punch a hole in the hood of your car. Why would you do it to your penis?

IM GONNA GET MY SPINE PEIRCED CUZ IM TUFF

It has a name? Hmm, I knew someone in high school who got that. He bragged about it. We made fun of him. Of course, we made fun of him anyway before that. But after, the comments included, “So they let people like that in the Army?”

As for tounge piercings, I know girls who hated some guy but went out with him because they wanted to see how it felt when they made out with him.

I have no piercings. Not even my little earlobes.

Originally posted by VickiMints
I have no piercings. Not even my little earlobes.

Neither do I. And I like it just fine that way. ^^

Uh, as a side note, I’m really having trouble understanding why someone would want to pierce the middle of their lip (I won’t mention the penis one, as that’s a whole other story o_O)… Must be hell to kiss someone. I have no problem with piercings in general though, people can look how they please. Whatever floats your boat.

I find the whole tattoo/piercing thing has become too above-ground, too mainstream, and too “accepted” to have any potency as a “cool” or “weird” or “shocking” form of expressing one’s “alternative” status.

What was once the alternative and the expression of individuality has become the co-opted mainstream and an expression of conformity. At least, that’s how I see it. So, uh, no. I stand out more now by NOT having any of those things. Woo.

That and I have a very low threshold for physical pain. wink wink

And I know I’d be too lazy to keep the damn things clean and infection-free.

So, uh, no.

I read this thing about trends n stuff a while back, it said something like, our kids are going to think that piercing and tattoos are gross. Of course, we’d be their parents, so that would make it that much worse for them. :cool:

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
[b]I find the whole tattoo/piercing thing has become too above-ground, too mainstream, and too “accepted” to have any potenty as a “cool” or “weird” or “shocking” form of expressing one’s “alternative” status.

What was once the alternative and the expression of individuality has become the co-opted mainstream and an expression of conformity. At least, that’s how I see it.

[/b]

Will you REALLY not bear my children?

ill be continuing to laugh at people with lots of piercings…

None at all. Piercings on guys seems sort of gay to me. Tongue ones aren’t too attractive. However, girls can pull off percings in many places very well.

Originally posted by Sinistral
Will you REALLY not bear my children?

guh. another one?

But yeah, I agree.

1. Not everyone who has piercings is going for “shocking” or “weird”. That’s not my intent at all. I like the look, I think it’s beautiful.

2. For those who “laugh” at people with piercings, trust me, save your breath. What’s the point? I’m sure there is something in your life we find terribly stupid, so why judge?

3. If you “don’t get it” or “don’t understand it” that’s fine, no one is asking you to do it. We’re not hurting anyone with it (not even ourselves past the initial healing period if we’re properly safe about it) and we’re not holding people down and shoving metal through their skin.

4. If I do something I regret than that’s my own fault. It was MY mistake to make, and again, my regret is not hurting anyone else (btw, I’ve never wished I hadn’t done a mod, and I have quite a few).

5. As far as tattoos, I have three. Brandings? I have the works drawn up for one (and before you jump on me about this, there is a REASON I want this to be a branding, it’s a closure thing for me) Pearling? Not my bag, but hey, if you like it, go for it. My philosophy is this: as long as you are safe about it, know what you are getting into, and are getting it to please yourself and no one else, I say “go for it”.

This post was not written to piss people off. I just wanted to address a few of the things in this post that made my eyebrow raise. This is a world, it takes all kinds of people to make it beautiful…

I only got my ears pierced because Canada was full of neat ear rings. I think I have six lizards by now… But <i>every damn time</i> I find a dragon, it’s sold out!

Piercing can be good. Piercing can be really stupid. Depends on the reasons.

Can you ever take a tongue piercing out?

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
I got my spine piereced on my last birthday. I cought a fish with it once, when I went camping with my friends. :smiley:

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
And Steve, be tuff.

Originally posted by Shinobi
IM GONNA GET MY SPINE PEIRCED CUZ IM TUFF

sniffle
I love you guys ;_;

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
I find the whole tattoo/piercing thing has become too above-ground, too mainstream, and too “accepted” to have any potency as a “cool” or “weird” or “shocking” form of expressing one’s “alternative” status.

Which is not why I’m getting it, FYI :stuck_out_tongue:
I like the way they look and feel. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Innocence
2. For those who “laugh” at people with piercings, trust me, save your breath. What’s the point? I’m sure there is something in your life we find terribly stupid, so why judge?

(I’m not trying to be beligerent.) There’s a difference between making fun of people who have piercings and making fun of people because they have piercings. I won’t make fun of someone just because of how they look, but if I make fun of them anyway, it’s fair game. Likewise, I can take just about any insult people throw at me.
I don’t have anything against anyone here, so I’m not trying to insult any of you guys about your appearance or your opinions on what is attractive.

I think piercings and tattos are sexy. I intend on getting a number of them, including the lower lip, a number of ear piercings, and a few tattos.

Although I agree with whoever said that tattos and piercings seem to have become mainstream to the degree that in order for it to be considered rebellious at all you have to have an almost obscene amount of piercings, at which case I’d say it looks horrible.

Yes, you can take tounge rings out.

Tongue Rings can be taken out, but the tongue heals quickly, so generally if you don’t have it in, it’ll be gone unless you stick something else in there. There are heads for tongue rings that look just like the top of a tongue that people buy for when they go to work, since if it looks real, that’s what most companies would prefer rather than forcing their employees to get rid of their tongue piercings.