Peter Pan

I saw the movie tonight, I think it’s great - if you like the whole Peter Pan thing that is. If you don’t, you’ll probably find that it drags in a few spots, and is sorta “childish”.

If you like Peter Pan, then see it. It’s actually quite close to the book, and strays from the shit that made the disney cartoon a terrible movie. So yea.

The previews make it look really good, so i think i’ll go see it.

How does it compare to Hook? (I know what Peter Pan and Hook are and how they differ, but I’m talking in terms of quality, enjoyability and execution)

PETER PAN, HAS A REAL PROBLEM, WITH HEIGHTS.

Gah.

I know I said I’d see it when Sorc (I think) posted the trailer info MONTHS ago, but that’s when I had money.

Alas, my mere $25 of Christmas money is going towards gas and getting film developed…

I think Hook is better on all the aspects you mentioned - Hook is a more enjoyable film (in that it’s more comedic, while Peter Pan is more drama based), and there are a number of execution aspects of the movie that could have been touched up to put an end to that “drag” that sometimes occurs.

It’s a good movie, but when compared to Hook, it’s not as good at all. But then again, Hook is a great movie, so that goes for a lot of other movies too.

Hmmm…

I might go see it sometime.

some people consider Hook to be awful. I’m not one of them, but it is a significant group.

Anyway I REALLY want to see this movie. Especially with Jason Isaacs playing James T. Hook (and Charles Darling).

I’m one of those people who wasn’t a big fan of Hook (it was okay, but I really didn’t like it very much), and I think I’m also one of those who doesn’t even see any Peter Pan production in the same family as Hook.

I did enjoy the Disney version when I was younger, and I still do for nostalgia, but after I was old enough to pick up the book and read I felt that the story’s meant to be a lot darker than typically portrayed. I thinnk that’s what sort of bugged me about Hook - the story was different (okay, I can handle that I guess), but I still didn’t feel that darkness captured that I felt was essential to the legend. That’s why I’m excited about the new movie - it looks like it’s more than slightly faithful to the original story, so I think that I’ll be able to see what I’ve felt has been missing.

Originally posted by Merlin
some people consider Hook to be awful. I’m not one of them, but it is a significant group.

I’m of the opinion that Hook would’ve been 100s of times better if only Alan Rickman had played the title role :mwahaha:

I’m not sure about the new movie (or even when it gets released over here… :thud: ), I’ll wait and catch a few reviews before I decide whether or not to make the trip to the cinema to watch it.

Originally posted by Nebagram
I’m of the opinion that Hook would’ve been 100s of times better if only Alan Rickman had played the title role :mwahaha:

Hell. yes.:hahaha;

I’ve seen the poster taglines, and it looks like it’s a more serious film than Hook. I’ll probably see it on video when it’s released, as I’m not a great Pan fan.

I’ve been kind of split on the movie, I’ve heard a lot of good things about it but my initially impressions were not good at all. I may see it, but I still want to see Last Samurai and stuff first.

I may eventually see it. One of my favourite actresses—the very sexy Ludivine Sagnier—plays Tinkerbell.

Alan Rickman would’ve been too serious and Dustin Hoffman played his role REALLY well. Astral concurs.

Alan Rickman is awesome!

(had to say it, moving along now)

Yea, but Dustin Hoffman was a better choice for Captain Hook in Hook.

And how can people think Hook was bad? Crazy fuckers.

A solid review of the new Pan btw.

RUFIO! RUFIO! RUFIO!

bangarangggggg

I’ve seen that version of Peter Pan too, the actress’s name is Mary Martin. I like that one a lot, I used to have it on tape and watch it pretty often.

I liked Hook a lot the first time I saw it, when I was really young. I really liked Captain Hook’s theme music :stuck_out_tongue: And the end, when the fat kid becomes the leader, that was really nice. And the final duel between Pan and Hook was cool. When I started going online and read all the bad reviews of Hook, I was puzzled. I thought it was a good movie and a great children’s movie.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I’ve seen that version of Peter Pan too, the actress’s name is Mary Martin. I like that one a lot, I used to have it on tape and watch it pretty often.
ditto