People with Cars

All newer cars, like from early 90s have a chip in them limiting the speed. It usually tops at a little over a hundred. All rice rockets and stuff usually take them out and replace them. It is just ebcause a lot of cars are getting pretty powerful that it’d be too dangerous not to limit the speed. Pontiacs are naturally sporty cars so they can probably go faster than most cars on average.

Uh, I dunno - I’ve hit 120 or so in my friends accord. Freaky speed to be going at, I slowed down pretty quick.

1993 Dodge Spirt. Maroon, with 104,238 miles ive put like 30 miles on it so far. I would just like to say that driving is one the greatest expirences ever. When you had to have people drive you around most of your life, and you finally get to drive by yourself. Its one the greatest feelings ever. The pic one the web page is my car exactly but with some paint missing in some spots.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jc/90-95spirit.htm

That is true, I was just thinking of my friends Subaru that got to 120 one time…but he ahs done a little bit to it.

Man its a what we call a Subie. They always quick little buggers, along with hondas, nissans, and toyotas, they are pretty much made to be quick little dependible cars. My girlfriend has a 1993 Honda Civic with almost 180,000 and the thing is still quick.

I’ knwo that they are called Subies, but it really doesn’t save much on typing.

I dunno. I don’t like driving that much. I don’t find it “fun”, or a symbol of freedom like y’all do. I drive to get from point A to point B. That’s about it. I’d much rather walk or ride my bike (although, realistically, that’s not often possible)

But owning a car in Montana is absolutely essential, for the most part. I don’t own one now (I used to own a piece of shit '83 Ford Taurus) because it’d just be a waste of money since I hardly ever leave campus. But I’ll need to buy one next summer for sure.

Is me or is there a pattern of Ford tauruses (I think that is how you would pluralize it) being owned by people in the forum. Nothing against them, its just I didnt know they were that popular. Maybe its just a first car kind of thing. Meh.

I hate driving too, but it is a necessity. It is ncie beign aable to go to places when you want to though. I feel trapped when I’m somewhere without my car. I’ll walk, but depending on how far I am I feel trapped. Like at school I or my friend’s house (which are about 10 miles from my house) I don’t feel trapped since I can easily walk it home or to places I need to go. It’d be time consuming, but it wouldn’t be hard. However, if I go to work or some place else, I’d feel trapped without my car.

This was my grandmothers car. We got it when she moved out like 5 years ago. I don’t really think it’s “popular” per se. Who else has one?

86 Chrysler Fifth Ave. My brother wants to pimp the shit out of it while I’m in Iraq, but I’m not sure if I want to let him or not.

Most do, but sports cars definitely don’t. I have the SE model of grand ams, which limit the speed to 107mph. The GT model has no built in speed limiter.

Nonsense!
It’s the perfect car for Death to ride around in!