Penny Arcade gets screwed over.

Yeah, but remember, the last time P-A got fucked over by a large-corporation, said corporation ended up showing a rather large loss in profits the next term. I believe a 25% drop if I recall correctly.

That was the American Greeting Card Corportation or something like that.

Yeah, I knew the company, but I didn’t feel like typing it out, that and it sounds cooler to say “said corporation” :stuck_out_tongue:

It really disturbs me to see things like this happen. When I went to the Child’s Play website and saw how much so many people gave for that hospital, I was touched to the point of tears. Then, I get to read about how video games r teh deb0l and how people who play them are apparently utterly dissolute (that’s a general statement, but it sounds like that’s what the article said since I didn’t get to catch it in its entirety) in addition to gross misrepresentations of what that project accomplished… it makes me angrier than I was at 2:30 this morning when some drunk idiot was screaming her lungs out at the pool and keeping me from sleeping (and yeah, that was angry).

I’m very angry and unbelievably insulted as a person who is not utterly dissolute but enjoys playing games. I wish that some people who do not understand this phenomenon would try to understand it, but apparently they’re too busy knowing they’re right to bother.

However, I always find it interesting to see demonstrations of PA’s readership’s influence.

Not only was that article baseless and completely generic, but when some gamers decide to do something nice for the community, they get upstaged by another group that is against gamers.

Let’s see what the results will be.

The article is no long available, what did it say?

I’m leaving the talking to the Little Gamers.

Out of curiosity, what was the American greeting card association’s beef with PA? To be specific, what was the comic that got taken down about that angered them so much?

They portrayed Strawberry Shortcake as one HAWT whore.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
They portrayed Strawberry Shortcake as one HAWT whore.

1. How does the American Greeting Card people get involved with this?

1. I wish I could have seen it.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
[b]1. How does the American Greeting Card people get involved with this?

1. I wish I could have seen it. [/b]
    1. They own the copyright to Strawberry Shrotcake.
  1. They based it off of the game Alice:

<center> </center>

HA!

JESUS!

And they got mad over THAT?!?

I’m surprised they aren’t mad about the one where they are depicted as nazis.

And I’ve never heard the story of ‘strawberry shortcake’, at least not that I can remember.

Newer TV Show.

I absolutely loved Strawberry Shortcake when I was little, and I still do now. Even so, I have a sense of humor (albeit a twisted one at times), and when I saw that picture it cracked me up. To me, the situation is the equivalent of the Mattel lawsuits against Aqua (Barbie Girl anyone?) and the naked Barbie/kitchen appliance “artist”. People just take things way too seriously sometimes. Maybe they should research the meaning of this sometime, not to be confused with libel or slander.

Originally posted by Epicgamer
Yeah, I knew the company, but I didn’t feel like typing it out, that and it sounds cooler to say “said corporation” :stuck_out_tongue:

As more and more people become gamers and join my little empire… heh heh heh…

Anyways. That’s surprising. PA coming out as a political force? that’s like… whoa. I’m doubting the 25% bit, but it must have been noticable.

That said, that picture RAWKS

It was a pretty high percentile, maybe lower, but I know it was above 15%, they found the actual net earnings on a business site somewhere, but I don’t remember when the news post was.

Also here is thier rant about it: