Peace in Our Time

No, not Mid East or North Ireland or whatever. No, the true peace in our time came from the Hatfields and McCoys.

Thought it was an interesting read, to say the least.

At last peace will reign between the familys.

sob

It makes me so happy.

It would be lovely if more followed their example; wouldn’t it?

Now I feel kinda wierd. i mean, the hatfield-Mccoy feud has been going on for my entire life, and more. It’s like the color blue suddenly ceased to exist, I can’t comprehend it.

Of course they’re stopping the fighting; none of the current family members have the agility or strength to weild a gun or duck a bullet. It’d be no fun. Rotten businesspeople.

I feel so stupid…I barely even HEARD of this thing until now.

It’s a famous, if somewhat overblown, feud that has been raging since the article says it has. Far Side parodied it many times as did Looney Toons.

Dude, they were in, like, 10 Bugs Bunny cartoons alone.

LOSER.

Well, I couldn’t care less, really. If the families were stupid enough to attempt to kill each other off, then that’s their own damn fault. I guess many of them went to jail for life?

Originally posted by GG Crono 4
I feel so stupid…I barely even HEARD of this thing until now.

You could be worse… I’ve /never/ heard of this before.

How have you never heard of them? Have you never watched Time… oh whats that show called? The one with Otto, Tyrustle and Larry 3000. Thats where I heard of it.

WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE!?!?!?!

I’M RELATED TO THE MCCOYS!!! AND I DIDN’T HEAR ABOUT THIS???

DAMN PIG RAPING BASTAGES THOUGHT THEY COULD GET AWAY PEACEFUL LIKE!

loads shotgun

C’MON LUKEY! LET’S GO KILL US 'SUM FARM FUCKERS!!!

Seriously, I AM related to the Mc Coy family

i’ve probably heard of this family war…but if i have, i don’t remember…

anyway, at least they solved it peacefully…

I thought the feud had ended by the 20th century O_o

I thought that was a looney tunes joke.

The Wizardmaster: How have you never heard of them? Have you never watched Time… oh whats that show called? The one with Otto, Tyrustle and Larry 3000. Thats where I heard of it.

The name of the show is Time Squad.

Meh. I’ve never heard of the families but at least it’s good to know that SOMEONE in the world is trying to stop fighting.

Originally posted by Vic_Viper
The name of the show is Time Squad.

And the guy’s name is Tuddrussle.

Considering the accuracy of the last time someone said “I beleive it is Peace in Our Time,” I expect the Hatfields and McCoys to reload their shotguns and go out wheelchair-jousting with each other by, say…I give it a month. You?

Well, it actually sounds like they’ve been at peace for quite a while and are just now making it official. Or CNN was having a slow news day.