Party in hell in 2 days

Some people take the date way too seriously.

I wonder if they’ll do the same thing in 2066.

Has 666 always been the devil’s number? How come I only started hearing about it like last year

Yes, always. It’s in Revelations.

Explanation? I don’t have my bible on me :frowning:

I don’t know how to use google

Its the mark of the beast that appears on the foreheads of the people who follow Satan in the final battle, or something like that. Or maybe it appears on all non-believes, i don’t remember anymore.

I haven’t read the entire bible, but it’s not only to followers of Satan, but heretics (non-believers) as well. Although it’s debatable whether or not you consider heretics to be followers of Satan, or not. :S

777 is the opposite.

They used the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 2000 years ago?

In the battle in Revelations a great beast fights for the side of evil. He has the mark on him that reads 666.

Tell that to Pat Robertson and his ilk. >.>

Didn’t they use Roman Numerials? that I, IV, X, crap?

Those were really dodgy for multiplication, and such… I always assumed that on side, Arabic was used… or at least a very basic form of it. Otherwise, how did they build the colloseum to such exact measurements?

Ninten:cool:

666 in Latin is actually depicted in decending order as DCLXVI. The more you know.

You really -can- make money off of everything. :\

See you all on the other side.

( things are looking bad for Indiana Jones)
“WE ARE GOING TO DIE! :(.”

:frowning:

Needs Hulk song.

lol

just noticed. Trillians already on the other side! God?

As per my understanding, 666 is the NAME of the beast, not the mark. The Antichrist’s name is supposed to add up to 6 6 6 using an ancient method that gives numeric values to letters in names.

I think the mark is only in that movie “The Omen”. I could be wrong about the mark, but the Name part is, as far as I know, accurate.

But… tomorrow is the Swedish National Day…

Hahaha, the Sweden is the Antichrist!

ahem.

Back in the day, Greek was the fashionable language, so John wrote his Apocalypse in Greek. Then he wrote Johnny B Goode and licensed Apocalypse in a bunch of rpgs. Don’t trust me on the last sentence though.

The Greek numbers were the Greek letters with a bit of tweaking (alpha, beta, gamma etc α, β, γ) and were such a bitch I can’t count on them after 20 while I can do that for roman. sigh

Anyway it may be χνς (xns in greek, if memory doesn’t fail me). As an extra the number may have been read wrong, so that 616 is the number of the Antichrist and you are all damned without even knowing it.

Class dismissed.