Paranoia Agent

They just showed the final episode of it on Adult Swim. Am I the only person who watched it from beginning to end?

Thoughts? Comments?

It’s crazy.

I saw it from begining to end too.

I saw it from begining to end too.

Lil’ Slugger is awsome. :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw the whole series as well. Very strange, but I liked it a lot. Just had to find out exactly who Li’l Slugger was.

And now that I know, my life is complete.

The message of Paranoia Agent I found was that sometimes you have to just stick it out. There’s not always an easy solution or a distraction from your problems. The Chief’s breaking out of the fantasy world is definitely one of the best-done scenes I’ve ever seen in an anime.

Oh, and here’s the Wikipedia page on Paranoia Agent. It’s extremely detailed and explains a whole lot about the show that might not have made sense.

I though it was kind of predictable

I saw most of Paranoia Agent, except a few episodes, and I really liked it. It was one of the most surreal series i’ve seen, if not THE most, but it all seemed to make some crazy kind of sense. To me, at least.

I have yet to see it, but I’ve heard it was good and I’m currently listening to the intro song. Over and over and over again.

I didnt really like it, i perfer like action anime, not the odd type.

I think it’s one of the best anime shows I’ve ever seen in my life. I understand the message, and thanks to Mengde’s link, I understand the episode that made the smallest amount of sense to me (Happy Family Planning or whatever, with the little girl and the two men).

I watched the entire series, but I didn’t open this thread until tonight as I hadn’t watched my tape of the last episode until then. I fear spoilers.
Thanks to the episode with the schizophrenic tutor/professor/prostitute, my mom now knows I watch some freaky stuff. :smiley:

It was difficult for me to stick with this series due to the sheer weirdness at times (listen, I can handle insane, but just plain weird is different), but the last episode made it completely worth my while. I appreciated the message the series sent about honesty with oneself and with others, and I admired the presentation, as odd as it was at times. I was definitely a fan of the more realistic designs for the characters as opposed to typical anime - for this series, it just felt necessary and right.

In the end, I appreciated the series, but it’s not really something I’d keep around to watch whenever I pleased.