Padawants

I would appreciate if Sin commented on this topic.

Please give me a copy of the ant law system. Please.

Altruistic behavior is addressed in evolutionary biology because of how it doens’t make sense for an individual to decrease his fitness for the sake of another in strict logical terms. However, you can formulate a lot of hypotheses as to what conditions might lead to the altruistic behavior that has been observed in the animal kingdom. It shows that evolution is not a knee jerk reflex of ensuring the survival of the individual. It makes the point of ensuring the survival of one’s genes. That means that your degree of relatedness to someone else is directly related to the level of altruistic behavior you can expect from that given someone. A lot of studies have been done in termites and bees for example, to study altruistic behavioral differences and different evolutionary questions because of different degrees of relatedness between siblings in bees and termites and the impact that this has had on the social architecture of each species. What Ren is quoting is another observation of the advantage of altrustic behavior in a group setting to enhance the fitness of the group vs the individual. Group selection overall is weaker than natural selection but it is a significant force nevertheless.

Thanks. That explains a lot of tings.

Makes as much sense as anything else. In fact, it makes more sense than quite a lot of other stuff …

What do we classify as a nonhuman animal? I mean, is this news? Mother cats teach their young all the time [STRIKE]how to play the piano[/STRIKE].

This also ties into n-person game theory, which suggests that the individual, when part of a group, best enhances its chances of survival when it does what is best for both <i>itself and the group</i>, rather than simply what is best for itself.