owwwww

Wow and here I was thinking getting my wisdom teeth taken out was hell.

Bah, I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. NOTHING is more painful than gum surgery.

Ow, having ten teeth out must be nasty. I’m going for my first few teeth out next month. My wisdom tooth’s been growing underneath my others for a few years now so I need to get those out and then the wisdom tooth. The anaesthetic doesn’t normally work very well on me either, so that should be a load of fun.

Originally posted by AngelOfTheLion
Ow, having ten teeth out must be nasty. I’m going for my first few teeth out next month. My wisdom tooth’s been growing underneath my others for a few years now so I need to get those out and then the wisdom tooth. The anaesthetic doesn’t normally work very well on me either, so that should be a load of fun.

Hey at least you wont come out so drugged up and looking like a fool. When I got mine out I was so retarded acting, apparently I kept trying to claw at my tongue (I couldn’t FEEL it dammit!) and i was sticking it out at people in grotesque drunken ways. The man before me that came out from surgery as I was having mine was hopping like a bunny, he didn’t know what the hell he was doing.

Hey at least you wont come out so drugged up and looking like a fool.

Nope, I’ll come out in pain, complaining about the fact that I really felt him drill through my nerve. That’s what happens when I go for fillings and stuff. But then, I don’t end up looking like a drugged up fool. I’m not sure which one’s worse.

Holy crap, ten baby teeth? I’ll I’ve had pulled out is two. That must been painful as hell. O_O

Man, I’ve never had to have a baby tooth pulled out. Although ti was a close call when I was 14. Long story short, I never put a Lego in my mouth ever again.

Originally posted by AngelOfTheLion
Nope, I’ll come out in pain, complaining about the fact that I really felt him drill through my nerve. That’s what happens when I go for fillings and stuff. But then, I don’t end up looking like a drugged up fool. I’m not sure which one’s worse.

vomits

No way they gotta get you to sleep. If you don’t, that’s just gross. A proceedure such as that one…going through one such as that one awake would be enough for me to spill my guts. I’m quite a chicken shit when it comes to medical proceedures and surgeries shudders violently

Originally posted by Xelopheris
Bah, I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. NOTHING is more painful than gum surgery.

I have a friend who essentially had to get his entire gums replaced. Man… indescribable.

I have had six pulled, and no one gave me any painkillers. It hurt. Not so much I haven’t felt worse though.

Even had one the dentist couldn’t reach. It didn’t fall out until three more years had passed.

Originally posted by Sinistral
I have a friend who essentially had to get his entire gums replaced. Man… indescribable.
You hear what I said about the proboscis? That post was totally made for you!

Ten…Say hello to your good friend jello for me will ya.

I’m someday supposed to get my wisdoms pulled, and with your story, I may have the courage to get it done.

They’re just baby teeth? Jeeze, I had mine fall out… well, I yanked out a few, but still, I never had to go to the dentist to get them taken out. Now my wisdom teeth, well, I’m still dealing with that.

Heh, and acting like a drugged up fool was pretty fun. I remember the first few things that I said when I came to after they were done was “drugs are good” lol

I never had problems with my teeth. Baby ones fell naturally and painlessly. I only got my wisdom ones removed because I thought one day they might cause problem, and preventing is better than dealing with a problem, so…

I had my wisdom teeth removed by my cousin. He used a surgery laser to cut my gums, so there was almost no blood. He had to go hardcore on my teeth, though. They were perpendicular to other teeth and packed with such a pressure that just pulling out was not possible. So he got an electrical mini-saw and tried to cut the teeth in halves. Didn’t work as he planned, as the teeth got smashed into smaller pieces instead of being sharply cut (as if you tried to cut a windows by stabbing the glass). He says I have a very high degree of hypercalcification on my teeth - that means they are harder than the teeth of regular people around. Luckily I was high on anesthesics, so I didn’t feel a thing.

Ah, the anesthesics… We should have another person in the room just for aplying those anesthesics on me, but they guy had died on the eve of the surgery - heart attack, and I suspect the guy was messing up with addictive anesthesics - so my cousin had to do it. He had no experience with such a subject… So he passed some paste on my mouth, and said: “don’t swallow it or you’ll get drugged”. I swallowed. I swear it was an accident >_< But I got a real nice trip. It suffices to say that I hallucinated seeing Eddie the zombie from Iron Maiden, dressed as the Tooth Fairy. He said he was just waiting for my teeth to be removed to pick them up. And he would give me a lottery ticket for the teeth. But then the Superbeast appeared, and said the lottery hadn’t drew the numbers yet, and he (that’s me) would have only one chance in 50 millions to win. Eddie told Superbeast to shut up and stabbed the red demon repeatedly with a golden kitchen knife. I swear, I gotta have some more of that anesthesy someday. I got really ignorant with other people when I came back to my senses, though.

Originally posted by Sinistral
How’d he manage to need that? The evil gum disease known as GINGIVITIS!?

I hope that you heal as quickly as possible. Just having that many extra teeth must have been unpleasant, so hopefully this will have been worthwhile.

I haven’t had any crazy dental problems, and I think I’m lucky to have nice teeth. I’m going to be having my wisdom teeth removed this year, I think - I just have to decide when. When that happens, that proboscis I happen to have will come in handy.

A proboscis? Now where do you hide something like <em>that</em> when you’re not using it?

That’s an excellent question. Now, before I answer… runs away

Aw shoot, that happens everytime I ask a lady a question.

Originally posted by Green Mage
A proboscis? Now where do you hide something like <em>that</em> when you’re not using it?
IN MY PANTS!