Out of touch, looking for games

Save Legend of Dragoon for a final option. The plot is nothing special, the graphics are nothing special, and the combat is limited. Very limited.

For sure pick up BOF3 for some reason it was my second fave PSX RPG behind FF8. I’d also recommend Suikoden 1/2 and Parasite Eve. (Not PE 2 tho, didn’t liek the battle system as much as the first)

I’m kicking myself for not thinking to mention this until it came up in a similar thread at EoFF, but how could anybody forget Crystalis?

Awesome game, Crystalis.

Jigmar, did you read the question closely? He didn’t say he was looking for NES & SNES games, he said he recently picked up a PS and was looking for games similar to DW and FF on NES &SNES.

Drat, my mistake.

On the Crystalis post, anyways. The Excite Bike suggestion was never meant to be serious, even though it is a really good RPG. serious face

Originally posted by Urkani
Suikoden 2.

Suikoden 2 is rare and I’ve seen it selling on eBay for a lot, but if you get it, you’ll be very pleased.

Yay for the magic of emulation and DC++ for free ISO images.

D’arrr, matey.

Personaly, I think Legend of Dragoon fugging r0xx0red.

Yeah I don’t think it was completely bad either.

I rented it from Blockbuster for 5 days and got 3/4 done the whole game. It’s not that it’s bad, there’s just nothing special about it. The lack of abilities and magic in combat (with the exception of Dragoon status) is somewhat boring.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I have enough to keep me busy until the PS3 comes out. Yeah, I don’t get to play much.

Thanks again.

The PS3 is already out

Um, holy shit?

I know a dude called Tick Tock in my dorm.

You wouldn’t happen to be in JSU Dixon Dorms by any chance? Rooming with Spidey?

Or mabey I’m just stoned…

Sorry Kagato. I’m in Indiana, and you ARE stoned.

Xenogears, all FF games, Chrono Cross, … Star Ocean 2nd Story…

Blast it, if only I could think of more…

Legend of Dragoon.

Xenogears: Play a reluctant hero with one helluva giant robot.

FF Games: Self-explanatory

Chrono Cross: Have a jolly good time going back and forth in parallel universe

Star Ocean 2nd Story: Unintentionally fulfill a prophecy.

Hope that helps you decide which one you want to play.

/* I do not consider what I have just said to be ‘spoilers’ merely minor synopses. If anyone thinks they are ‘spoilers’ tell me. I will say, that if these are ‘spoilers’ then I wouldn’t play any of these darn games if not for them. */

Post Deleted because of user incompetence

So far I’ve picked up Grandia, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Chronicles and Breath of Fire 3 & 4. Chrono Cross is ordered and on the way.

Originally posted by TikTokk
So far I’ve picked up Grandia, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Chronicles and Breath of Fire 3 & 4. Chrono Cross is ordered and on the way.

I’ve been looking for a copy of Breath of Fire 3 for a while, where did you get yours?

go to half.ebay.com and do a search. Lot’s of new and used games there.