Oregano

Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.

Originally posted by Curtis
[b]Where the hell did this thread come from?! Just think about it… Ren: “Hey dude, will I get high if I smoke oregano??” Sorcerer: “No way man, but you’ll get high if you smoke this.”

If you take the conversation in a certain context it seems really funny. I can imagine a couple of 12-year old kids not old enough to get booze or pot talking about shit like this :stuck_out_tongue: [/b]

LOL

This is actually a relativly common question that people have, don’t really worry about it.

Actually, Curtis, in the original way I was writing that post, I ended up explaining what good weed looked and smelled like so that if ren was interested he could go buy some, but I figured that was too much information, so I cut it out and put in something else ;p

Originally posted by RoguePaladinTrian
In any case, I don’t remember the name of it, but a couple weeks back I saw a report on some kind of new-age/alternative health herb that was completely unregulated but had some pretty powerful drug properties. This topic makes me think of that, and now it bugs me that I don’t remember the name of the leaf in question…

Were you thinking of salvia(Salvia divinorium is the full name)? It’s been around for a while, but recently it’s been used recreationally more. It does have some powerful effects, but like most hallucinagens, anything that happens is completely random, and it all depends on your state of mind, and environment.
It’s legal now, and I think it should stay this way, because it doesn’t cause a problem. Unfortunately it probably will be made illegal one day though.

Azgard, you’re right, but why would I want to try it if I already know the effects it usually gives would put me in an inconvenience? I mean you could say a lot of things do, but nutmeg is different.

OMFG!!! THIS IS SO THE TRUTH! IF YOU TAKE THE GARLIC POWDER AND MIX IT WITH THE JALAPENO JUICE THEN SNORT IT YOU GET HIGH!!! I KNOW IT BECAUSE THIS FRIEND OF A FRIEND OF MINE SAID THAT NO ONE DOES IT SO I THINK IT’S BECAUSE IT’S A GOOD WAY TO GET HIGH!!!

Thanks Gila! God, that was bugging me.

Ahh, Salvia. Yea, I’ve seen that stuff around. You can buy it in most smoke shops (Smoke 911, NC-17, etc…). A friend of mine said it produced an acid - like effect. Since it was legal, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to try it, I was just broke at the time, but I’ve been meaning to go back and get some.

It’s nothing like acid, you could say it’s totally different actually. But that’s not a bad thing.

It looks sort of a dark red right? Looks sorta like thin beef jerky?

No, it’s a green plant… I think you should look at this site: http://www.sagewisdom.org/

Well, whatever it was I saw was supposdly produced an acid trip like effect, and looked like thin, somewhat leafy, beef jerky.

Yea.

The friend i gave it to (as a joke) says…

Dont try it, it makes your lungs burn…ALOT…it doesnt choke you or anything but when you breathe in it feels like you have hot sauce in your lungs. Then when you breathe out you get a pain in your lungs…it lasts for awhile, like half and hour, long enough for mike [me] to hurt his lungs too, only from laughter…

Yea, so remember kids, take it from Emily the anti-oregano officer-
WINNERS DONT SMOKE SPICE

what is she talking about, smoking oregano?

if oregano was smokeable its use would be rampant across everywhere. Case closed, go watch Half Baked or something.