Orakio

What would you do if orak came back and would you be able to cope with him being back without flaming him for no reason other than what happened in the past.

Orakio… What happened to him!? I liked him… He was really religous. He also made one of the threads where people really started thinking I was a moron. He was cool. Did he get banned? Meh. What’s new.

I’d call him an egotistical prick then think nothing else of it, unless he starts the whole “OMG LOOK AT ME AND GIVE ME ATTENTION! I MADE ANOTHER SHITTY COMIC THING!”

REally. You have the nerve to call a decent (Note I did not go all flying colors about it) comic shit. Do you enjoy posting needless flames about something just cause you have a lot of pent up aggression or unforgotten hostilities.

What brought this up? I don’t see how digging ghosts from the graveyard is productive at all.

EDIT: Also… if you just made this thread to induce flames, well… grr.

Originally posted by Zombie_Ori
I’d call him an egotistical prick then think nothing else of it, unless he starts the whole “OMG LOOK AT ME AND GIVE ME ATTENTION! I MADE ANOTHER SHITTY COMIC THING!”

If you would explain, please. I always thought he was pretty nice.

Here’s what I would do! I would insensitively bring up old subjects and endlessly harass him with it until he gets angry or annoyed, at which I’ll then start swearing, hurling random insults about him or his latest accomplishments and yell a lot. I’ll conveniently ignore the fact that he’s a nice guy and that he’s contributed a lot to this site and only focus on his failings. And then I’ll be a prick and and act all cool (read: sarcastic) and popular (read: bitchy) and prove that I’m the bigger man by incessantly making snide comments. And then I’ll bring it up EVERY CHANCE I GET on the forums, in the chat (like every other sentence), and tell my parents and my friends about how I showed that internet loser. And then, I’ll end up overall satisified and feeling that my dick has grown another 2 inches.

Would you mind if I ask you something? I’ve never really gotten into the whole Orakio debate, I’ve always just stood on the side-lines, but I’ve been wondering this for a long time. Why is it that Orakio tries so desperately to come back here, time after time, when it’s quite obvious that there’s a large resentment against him? And when he does come back, why is it such a huge deal, surrounded in fan-fare and lauded like the second coming? If Orakio really wants to come back for only his friends, why does he feel something like this really needed? Why not just come back, and keep to himself, rather than stepping on people’s toes? And lastly, why does it seem that while I for the most part <em>try</em> to stay out of Orakio’s buisness, I seem to find it poured over me like molasses at every chance he gets?

I hope you realize Cless is kidding, but in all honesty, that’s what would occur by a large number of users. You really shouldn’t have even brought this up, everyone who was involved already knows the answer, and it doesn’t need to be beaten into the ground with a stick by constant flamewars this topic creates.

Orakio doesn’t intend to come back at the moment. I want to know why theres such a large resentment against him that he doesn’t want to come back to a site that he’s put so much energy into and has so many friends at.

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
Here’s what I would do! I would insensitively bring up old subjects and endlessly harass him with it until he gets angry or annoyed, at which I’ll then start swearing, hurling random insults about him or his latest accomplishments and yell a lot. I’ll conveniently ignore the fact that he’s a nice guy and that he’s contributed a lot to this site and only focus on his failings. And then I’ll be a prick and and act all cool (read: sarcastic) and popular (read: bitchy) and prove that I’m the bigger man by incessantly making snide comments. And then I’ll bring it up EVERY CHANCE I GET on the forums, in the chat (like every other sentence), and tell my parents and my friends about how I showed that internet loser. And then, I’ll end up overall satisified and feeling that my dick has grown another 2 inches.
Oh great, SK’s hacked Cless’ account.

Originally posted by Videospirit
REally. You have the nerve to call a decent (Note I did not go all flying colors about it) comic shit. Do you enjoy posting needless flames about something just cause you have a lot of pent up aggression or unforgotten hostilities.

I don’t have any pent up agression of unforgotten hostilities. I don’t like his comic because it A) Doesn’t make me laugh and B) I don’t like Orakio because he tried to shove God down your throat at every chance he got. I’m not an agressive person and I don’t hold hostile intentions against people. I’m hostile in general.

You didn’t ask that, and you would have been better off asking a few people instead of invoking a large majority of rather intense opinions on the subject.

Personally, although I haven’t watched the early days of the arguments, I’m getting sick of the constant bashing behind his back. I’m not surprised he hardly shows up.

Originally posted by Videospirit
Orakio doesn’t intend to come back at the moment. I want to know why theres such a large resentment against him that he doesn’t want to come back to a site that he’s put so much energy into and has so many friends at.
The reason there’s a large resentment against Orakio is because this isn’t the first time something like this has happened. Orakio is like a ministral of his own life, singing of his sorrow to anyone who’s within listening distance. This isn’t the first time Orakio’s had a big “coming back”. This isn’t the first time Orakio’s had “someone” questioning why he’s looked down upon. This isn’t the first time for a lot of things with Orakio.

It’s a bit cliche to say it, but Orakio is the prodigy of the boy who called wolf. I’m sure a number of people felt sympathy for him the first, and maybe second time something like this happened. But such things wear thin after repeated use, and I don’t think Orakio can see that. Orakio sings, or has others sing in his place, the sad tune of his life, never understanding why the people around him don’t instantly break down in tears and open their hearts to him. He can’t see that most of them have shut their ears to his song.

Originally posted by Manus Dei
I’m getting sick of the constant bashing behind his back

lol (you figure out what I’m laughing at)

lol, I love you Cless. edit: You to Charl :stuck_out_tongue:

Orakio? I totally forgot about that sucka. Dat dumb ass was cool. kinda. I didnt have a problem with him.

manus! I’M GONNA KILL YOU!!! AAAAAAAAARGGFHFHFHKFKHFHKHK!!!

Just a note: No, I did not close this thread.

Videospirit, I already talked to you about this in the chat. I didn’t think you would push the envelope! :open_mouth: Most people would not welcome Orakio back :open_mouth: He’s got some obvious social problems, kid. He lies, and like GM says, he’s kinda like the boy who cried wolf. Now, I can condone this, because I understand. I used to be very socially inept, and while it is his fault that he REMAINS that way, it’s probly not his fault he BECAME that way, and it’s not always easy to change. He doesn’t know any better. So, I forgive him, even though he’s lied many times to me. I really don’t care. I already also told you before, the issue is not about lying in everyone’s eyes. I personally, would not like to see Orakio come back, because he would be treated poorly. And, unfortunately, while I disagree with the people who treat him poorly for ‘what happened in the past’, I can understand their perspectives. Orakio has some character issues that he needs to resolve. Even if he does resolve them, there’s no saying that those who are upset with him will then welcome him with open arms, either; not everyone is so forgiving. Sometimes, if you mess up bad enough in someone’s eyes, they will just never forgive you.

I’m sorry if that dissapoints you, Videospirit. I realize he’s probly your friend. It’s honorable that you stand up for him. But, even your friends will make irreperable mistakes. Didn’t they mention it in that new Lord of the Rings movie? “There are some wounds that time can’t mend”, or something to that effect? Well, it is absolutely right. Some people just don’t learn their lesson until they are faced with the extreme-est of instances; and, unfortunately, this is one such instance. So, hopefully Orakio will/has learn(ed) something from this. He either will or he won’t; it’s up to him. And then, maybe he’ll take that knowledge and apply it to a different situation, so he can do the right things next time. The best you can do as a friend is encourage him to do the right thing, without seeming forceful. You can’t change people’s opinions and perspectives, when it really comes down to it; it’s up to the individual. Don’t learn that the hard way, man. Don’t push this on other people. They’ll have a change of heart or they won’t. Just do what you think is right, and within your own ability to do. Changing the way someone besides yourself thinks and feels, is not within your own ability. It’s all up to the individual.

1. His comic doesn’t stir anything in me, neither amusement or boredom, so I’m totally neutral on that matter.

2. His achievements and hard work I respect, so that’s a +

3. Because of his past history, the lies, the making stuff up, etc etc, he gets a -

result: back at square 1, or in this case, 0

I don’t hate Orakio, I used to dislike him when he ‘cried wolf’ as SG so elegently put it, and I’d rather not have to put up with that AND all the fires that we’d have to put out, the people we’d have to separate like kids fighting on schoolground, the crapstorms that we’d get, so I’d rather not see him return for his sake, because the second he’d start preaching about either god or how much his life sucks, the old animosity would flare up faster than Sinistral’s temper when he gets bad service at a restaurant.