Online games have a higher GNP than china

But Everquest doesn’t have a seat at the UN. Yet.

Yes, but will Everquest be counted as part of the North Atlantic and be invited to become a member of NATO?

40 years from now, being a professional video gamer is probably going to be pretty common-place at the rate we’re going. XD

Dear GOD I hope not. Can you imagine netspeaking jackasses from around the world trying to get people to ue nukes on the “fuking cheter fg!!!11111”

OMG H3 RIPED M3 OF!1!1!!!1 OMG WTF LOL HE MUST DEI1!1!1!1 OMG WTF LOL GENERAL SECR8RY NUK3 HIM PLZ11!1!1!! OMG LOL

Don’t tell me you wouldn’t. :smiley:

No, I wouldn’t.

I wouldn’t be caught dead speaking that shit.

Excellent post. Years ago, when I was playing FFVI, I thought that eventually, somehow, you’d be able to make real money playing a game in a virtual world. You most certainly can.

EQ guild was offered US 50K for all the characters in it. They turned it down. One guy in the article made over US $100,000 buying and selling virtual property.

As people stop playing, the value of the vitual goods decreases. The game producer can delete all your accounts at the press of a button, theoretically costing you thousands of dollars. But it does provide some interesting possibilities to make a living.

Dudes, it’s a game.

People do already make livings on getting playing games,

look at diablo II, and all the sites that sell items for that game

there are others as well

That’s one of the most interesting articles I’ve read this year.

Xwing1056

I read there are players making money from online games this way: they develop characters them sell these characters to people who are too lazy to go leveling up by themselves.

I do remember seeing a site with diablo 2 items for sale. SoJs (a powerful ring) were going for about $20 each.

The coin-op Soul Calibur machine at the mall where i live had a higher GDP then Chad

That made me giggle. Nobody knows why.