One virus-maker did their homework

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1212&e=2&u=/washpost/20030812/tc_washpost/a46233_2003aug11&sid=96168964

Yikes…I think my mom has this on her comp…I hope it dosen’t get mine :frowning:

The worm has been out for just a few days. Odds are she doesn’t.

I take it a typical Norton scan won’t get rid of this issue?

God, this thing just hit me an hour ago. I had installed that patch by microsoft earlier today. I must have already been hit. I deleted the blaster thing that it tried to install but my virus scanner hasnt found the worm yet.

Remember that you have to update your virus scanner’s virus definitions before it will catch it.

Buried within the code of the worm is a jab at Microsoft founder Bill Gates (news - web sites): “I just want to say Love you San! Billy Gates why do you make this possible? Stop making money and fix your software!!”

I love that part.

Anyway, as long as it dosen’t fuck my computer up, I don’t really care.

Oh, that’s mature. “I don’t like Windows, so I’ll program a virus that can damage a whole bunch of computers using there stuff, so that Bill will get the message and fix his software.” Not only is that childish, it’s damn stupid. This guy has enough brains to figure out how to exploit such a vulnerability, but not enough to realize that Bill will NEVER change. Windows will always have problems, and so will every other OS.

I run ME… I won’t be hit by it, I guess…

I don’t think it will hit mine, since I have never downloaded any patches from that stupid Microsoft site. And even if it does, get this computer, I have nothing really special on here, that I’m concerned about losing.

I’m lucky I updated my virus definitions last night, because I wasn’t hit with it.

Another reason why you should update your virus definitions regularly, people. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hrrhrrhrr.
<- Uses College Linux 2.3 and Win 98 Dual Boot and is unaffected. :3

There was an article in my Buffalo News about a hacker attack on the Internet was being planned. This must have been it. Luckily I have Windows 2000, and updated my virus definitions and downloaded a protection patch right after I read the article.

My dad and sister have XP on their computers though…My sister was on the Internet yesterday too with no problems.

<---- Uses Win98. Yay. There are advantages to being out of date.

Originally posted by Pierson
<---- Uses Win98. Yay. There are advantages to being out of date.

The biggest one of which is having DOS.
And i’m not really scared of it since I update my virus check and windows regularly and have a firewall.

Heh… I also have Win 98 so I guess I won’t worry… but I rarely update for virus definitions…

My school got hit by it lol.

It would be so hilarious if some hacker, sick of all his colleagues bragging about how cool Linux is, made a virus that attacked only Linux systems, exploiting weaknesses that people never noticed. Just a random waking-up thought I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mazrim Taim

How Ironic such a Retribution would be, such a Flamekiss would leave Bitter Ash in the hackers’ eyes as they loose Control. A true Daemon Saga :mwahaha:

(And this is precisely the reason why Weiila shouldn’t work on a fanfic update for too long. is shot and hanged by the rest of the staff)

Originally posted by Mazrim Taim
[b]It would be so hilarious if some hacker, sick of all his colleagues bragging about how cool Linux is, made a virus that attacked only Linux systems, exploiting weaknesses that people never noticed. Just a random waking-up thought I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mazrim Taim [/b]

That would certainly make Wert very unhappy…:hahaha;