One Tree Hill

Ok.

I realize I’m not a teenie bopper. I understand the fact that I hated Dawsons Creek, only moderatly like the Gilmore Girls, and that I tend to avoid televised pop culture. But never before, not since Captain Picard became Locutous of Borg, has television captivated me so.

I love this show. I mean, it’s gotta be my third favorite show ever. Sex and the City, Law and Order and bam - One Tree Hill.

Does anybody watch this show? I think it’s incredible. I mean, it’s not really ground breaking or anything, but I just think it’s a cool show. But come on - I can’t be the only one here.

Or am I?

Never heard of it. What’s it about? What channel does it come on?

I don’t watch even less TV now that I’m in college (ironically). Gilmore Girls was the only show that I watched regularly at home, but I’ve get Chem recitation now during that time slot. I wouldn’t call it televised pop culture, that’s a good show with intelligent dialouge. I haven’t seen One Tree Hill, and I don’t think I’d be all that interested, but I would consider watching it.

I barely watch television. The only real reason why I have one is so I can use my GameCube and watch DVDs when I get bored and have nothing more creative to do with my time. So I haven’t heard about it, what is it about?

The basic concept is that there are two brothers and one father. Son number 1, Lucas, is Dan (the fathers) son from a previous relationship that he cut all ties too. Basically, she got pregnant and he ran away. Then he got this other girl pregnant in College and they both dropped out of college to raise this one son. Dan was really good at Basketball, and had a good shot at playing professionally. His father rode him really hard about playing ball, and he rides his son, Nathan (the son of the girl he married and stayed with) just as hard. Lucas is just as good at basketball as Nathan is, and they end up playing on the same highschool team. Once that happens, the secret is revealed, and a rivalry explodes between the two players. Friends interlock, girlfriends get exchanged…basic WB Highschool drama.

It comes on at 9:00 Tuesdays on the WB.

I sometimes watch a show like that too. It’s called Springer.

My sister watches One Tree Hill. I’ve seen some parts of it and I like it.

Originally posted by Tomiko
I sometimes watch a show like that too. It’s called Springer.

Except Springer consists of Klan Rallys, Mother-Brother incest, and big fat women fucking very small men. None of the above applies to One Tree Hill. Be more informed before you be an asshat. I understand it’s difficult, but at least give it a shot.

hmm… I don’t get WB. Oh well, no new shows for me then.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
Except Springer consists of Klan Rallys, Mother-Brother incest, and big fat women fucking very small men. None of the above applies to One Tree Hill. Be more informed before you be an asshat. I understand it’s difficult, but at least give it a shot.
I can’t be an asshat if I’m informed. Jesus christ.

Then don’t be an asshat?