Olympics

Disgaea’s better.

But the Oymipics only happen once ever 4 years.

It was on broadcast channels, only at, uhhh, 3 in the morning

Bridge, I think, was an introductory sport in the 2000 Olympics. I still remember cause Canada won gold.

And for people who were watching CBC, last might, did anyone see the women’s water polo game? This was another amazing comeback. Canada was trailing the #1 ranked U.S. 4-0, but they fought back until it was 5-5, and with one minute left, an American player in the box, the Canadian’s pass it back and forth until, this woman (I have no clue about the players) gets the ball, and with coverage, put a perfect shot nito the top left corner. I was screaming my lungs out.

Hooray for Canada’ s only medal a bronze in Women’s Synchro 10m Diving. But seriously other than rowing, Canada really doesn’t have any powerhouse events to look forward too in the Summer olympics, but then the winter Olympics are a different story.

Glad you said it already so it didn’t go off onto another poker discussion.

Once every four years, we’re reminded why professional and amateur sport suck ass.

I saw that match. I thought it was pretty funny. The US fencer lunges and strikes the wrist as soon as the match begins. The Chinese fencer didn’t even have a chance to block.

Oh, Japanese men were outstanding in gymnastics. Who saw the last Japanese high bar athlete? 360 backflip as a release, NOT a dismount. Two US athletes applauded him.

Edit: Stupid double posts.

Yeah. What makes it even better was the fact that she wasn’t even on the team in the first place and got on it due to someone dropping out. And then the judge had to remind her to salute after she won because she was so happy that she forgot. >.>

Perhaps you should read my post more carefully. I said I wasnt saying anything about poker deserving to be in the Olypmics. I SAID, that I think people should rework thier idea of what a “sport” has to be inorder to be called a “sport”. YES, video games take skill, and YES there are competitions for them, I’ll use DDR because of the physical exertion involved. By what you are saying, you blindly assumed that I was saying poker belongs in the olympics because it can technically be called a sport. Which is NOT what I was saying. DDR could also in nature be considered a sport if played competitively, but your right, it shouldnt go to the Olympics. Please read carefully before assuming what I mean.

And one more time for clarification and easy to read access: I am not saying Poker should be in the olympics, rather, that it CAN be considered a sport in some aspect due to one interpretation of the word “Sport”.

There’s no need to play devil’s advocate. If it’s in another thread already, direct people to that thread. Also, seeing how you posted about poker being a sport in al olympic thread, as a follow up to a post about instituting poker as an olympic sport, I’d hardly say it was a groundless assumption.

No debating here! (especially about how great swimming is, I <3 swimming)

I watch the damn Olympics every night, and it’s seriously messing up my sleeping patterns. The gymnastics last night was unbelievable, and what Paul Hamm did was even more so. Also, he won by 0.012, not 0.12, which is the smallest margin of victory ever for the sport, maybe. There’s a huge difference, lol. (like the pun?) I enjoy the men’s gymnastics more than the women’s now, and it used to be the other way around. Either way, I still think that the floor exercises are just whack.

The swimming events are my favorites. Since I used to swim competitively and to judge, I have a lot of different types of appreciation for what’s happening out there. Yes, I got up, shouted, and almost threw things after the men’s 100m breaststroke since the Japanese swimmer was a bad man! (notice that ever since that race, his underwater technique straightened up drastically, and that more swimmers of that stroke have been DQed for illegal underwater kicks) Also, I’m glued to the TV when the Thorpedo is anywhere near a camera, so that’s really not a bad thing.

but yeah, OMGdslkfghasfgsyfadrdsrtf, I am SO into the Olympics.

My whole argument arrises from the fact that people stopped saying “Poker shouldnt belong in the olympics” and started saying “Poker isnt even a sport” which is what I was getting at. I wont repeat what I said just cause, but I dont have an opinion on the idea of poker intering the olympics, just on if its a sport or not.

Yeah, but you first mentioned Poker in this thread. Had it not been for a comment like that, we could direct more attention to Fencing, and Shooting (how the fuck do China and Russia out shoot the US?! >:O), and Gymnastics, and the Thorpedo, and Iraq men’s soccer (woooo…). So let’s just drop the Poker dealie or take it to the thread it’s already in.

First time an American won the all around in Gymnastics so I’m happy. My grandfather, a gymnast, always hated how the U.S. teams did so poorly but they have picked up in the past few years.

Eh, wrong. You are forgeting about STRIP poker.

You did that for me, 984. I heart you too.

When Russia reverts to communism and allies with communist China to take over the world, you’d better hope the reverse is true.

Oh man Thorpe is a beast, he has huge hand and feet, its like hes got flippers and paddles.