Old Nickolodeon

Yes. Yes it was. :smiley:

Old Nick kicked ass when I was a wee one. With great sitcoms like Hey Dude, that high school one, and Salute Your Shorts, and great cartoons such as Doug and the immortal Ren & Stimpy, they had something going…but BAM! Standards and practices to kill the love in the room.

Does anyone remeber the giant ear of corn and that fat girl from all that?
I thought they were the best characters ever. I wonder what happened to them? :moogle:

Rocko’s Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, Angry Beavers, and Ahhhh…Real Monsters>anything Nick puts out now. Plus I always wanted to be on Nick Arcade. And old school Double Dare.

Watching those shows on snick was always fun. I know I would never watch Are you Afraid of the Dark because it freaked me out. Ahhh…Real Monsters was awesome. I never liked Wild and Crazy kids and the like. Just the Hidden Temple one. I always wanted to be on that show. Salute your shorts was funny when I saw it. I forgot all about most of those other shows. Now I really want to see them again…

Hey Dude and Welcome Freshmen, I think is the high school one you’re thinking of. God, you guys rock for heloing me remember my childhood!

The original Are You Afraid of The Dark? was probably my favourite. I just loved some of their stories, they were cool.

I also remember seeing Ahh… Real Monsters, Ren and Stimpy, and Rocko’s Modern Life. I personally never really like them, they were just a bit too… disgusting, for my tastes.

That’s how cartoons are supposed to be.
Edit: The Grumble from Ahh Real Monster= best cartoon character ever.

You’re still 17 Val, technically still a child :hahaha; .

The other high school one was called Fifteen I think. I was so soap-operaish that it turned me off. I was a big fan off all the old Nick game shows, especially Double Dare and Legends of the Hidden Temple. I had dreams about being on Nick Arcade too.

As for the "Nick"toons I really liked Doug and Rugrats. When I was in the hospital for my back surgery, I was watching Rugrats, the episode when they’re in the bowling alley. My dad cracked up when Angellica said bowling was a game where “grown-ups throw boulders to knock down milk bottle and win a champion chip (A giant chocolate chip in their minds)”. Great I needed another nostalgic high.

Does anyone remember the show “Out of Control” with what’s his name Dave Couier (Danny from Full House)? It was weird and funny at the same time. “You Can’t Do That on Television” was great too.

Fifteen was absolutely gay without a doubt. And dude…I saw a kid with one of the green monkey T-shirts from that Hidden Temple in my American Military Experience Class…it was off the yizzle block. Nick Arcade was good, but it was the same games over and over again…a little variety please?

When I was ten, I didn’t need much variety to keep me happy. The games in “Hidden Temple”, did vary a little however. Although they always began by “crossing the moat” and had the question round. The “Temple Games” were different. God, I can’t believe I remember all this.

It’s sad isn’t it?

It’s a little wild and a little strange.
To make your home out on the range.
Mount your house and come along.
Cause you can’t get a ride if you can’t hold on.

Singin’: Yippie ki yi yay, (yippie ki yi what?)
Like the cowboys sing: Yippie ki yi yay.
(Get along little doggie) 'til the break of day.

Better watch out for these man-eating jackrabbits and that killer cacti
Hey Dude!

The big stone idol (Olmec?) is STILL teh awesome. :smiley:

I see your Hey Dude and raise you a Salute Your Shorts:

We run, we jump, we swim and play. We row and go on trips
But the things that last forever are our dear friendships.

Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts
And when we think about you it makes me wanna fart!
–“It’s ‘I hope we never part’
Now get it right or pay the price!”

Now we will share a lifetime of the fondest memories
By the lake of Anawanna set in the old pine trees

Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts
And when we think about you (This thing came apart)

Think Anawanna. Speak Anawanna. Live Anawanna – Ugh!

And what about the adventures of Alex Mac? That show was wacky. It got really crazy with the conspiracy theories and stuff. Kind of turned into a toned down X Files.

All That. Kenan and Kel. Wild and Crazy Kids!

By the way, the big corn girl on All That was Laurie Beth Denberg. I think the most she got out of that was being a really annoying minor character on “Sister, Sister” and a few shitty ass movie roles.

I still maintain that Danny Tamberelli, funny as he is, could never deliver Vital Information quite like Lori Beth could.

I remember waaaaayyyy back on nick jr, they played cartoons that were made in Japan and west germany in the 70s and early 80s, like “Noozles” and “Litl’ Bits” and “Maya the Bee”.

I always liked Welcome freshman, and I think everyone can relate to one of the characters from salute your shorts, whether your a Sponge, a Donkeylips, a Butnik, or even an Ugh.

My favorite cartoon was “David the Gnone”. I actually watched it until I was like twelve or something. “Salue Your Shorts” was good too. I loved the episode when Ugh’s snotty neice (daughter, whoever) came to camp and bossed everyone around. I felt bad for Sponge after she wiped out his computer then tied him to a toy train set.