Old, but interesting (forgive if I missed it earlier)

This was unreal.

I didn’t see anything about this on the board, but then I’ve been away. I thought this was sort of cool, even though it’s not really my thing, and it took place at my alma mater. Yay!

Now that’s a great idea:

Paying people who actually enjoy their work… :hahaha; :mwahaha: :hahaha;

Holy mother of fuck!

Well it’s nice to see modders get the respect they deserve. After all, they can keep a game alive far longer than it normally would be.

I need to learn how to code.

The name of the article (“Hello Modder, Hello Fodder”) is what did it for me.

If you’re a gamer, you probably already know what a modder is. It’s somebody who takes one of the popular game engines (think Unreal Technology) and bends it to his or her will.
Hmm … almost sounds like Mr. Anderson, except approaching it from the other direction …

Pretty kick ass!

Wish i could have gone =(

How nice, but it is unlikely to last: No educational institution that teaches the students something that they want to learn lasts. It’s the 27th rule of Nulani.

Originally posted by Nulani
How nice, but it is unlikely to last: No educational institution that teaches the students something that they want to learn lasts. It’s the 27th rule of Nulani.

There’s good reason for it, though. An educational institution that teaches students something that they want to learn cares very little for limelight, and thus there’s basically nothing that would innately sustain its presence in the limelight. If you are talking about lasting in terms of continuing to exist in some form, however, they go on for pretty much as long as they want.