Okay yeah

The end of The Sopranos is probably the most bullshit thing I’ve ever seen.

Hi Epic. How is Summer '07 treating you?

Welcome to 6 months ago! :smiley:

it was worse when it was live, i thought that HBO blacked out (happens alot)

streetlights…

Bitch I didn’t have cable. :expressionless:

You didn’t have cable for that long? [STRIKE]HAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/STRIKE] I’m so sorry, that sucks.

I still don’t have cable TV I’m not going to pay for something I won’t use, and on top of that I have better things to occupy my time with. On the event I do want to watch something I’ll just download it.

Maybe you need to just get out of your parent’s house more often.

I never watched The Sopranos and even I heard about the ending and thought that it was, indeed, the biggest cop-out TV series finale in history. I can see its fans not being happy at all about that. I saw an interview where the producers claimed it was their way of saying life wasn’t fair and death is an unexpected thing. Seriously, they said that. Too bad TV shows are not about real life, but about pleasing the audience. Can you imagine if say, LOST ended like that? Heads would roll.
:no2:

You need to get out of your sis’ house more.

You can watch The Wire instead now.

I’ve heard so many people hate on the ending…but what would you rather have happened? You’ve got a guy who started as a leech on society who remains a leech on society, two spoiled kids who were oblivious and then didn’t care about this fact, and a wife who was totally cool with accepting it.

None of these people were going to change. No matter what situation arose. They would stay the same. Fade to black.

That’s why I don’t have cable. The other reason is that I’m not made of money.

As for the ending, it actually isn’t that bad if you take the blackout in context of the entire show. Tony’s dead. Just look for the clues in “Soprano Home Movies.”

Didn’t you have cable when you lived with your gf GAP? What happened with that?

Also, Tony dies?

She wanted cable, but when I moved out I decided I’d rather have internet than cable. She can’t really afford both without me there, and she’s taking out loans to pay loans, so we’ll see how long it takes for her to be evicted. :slight_smile:

It’s never explicitly said that Tony dies, but there are little hints thrown at you from other episodes, talking about how sudden death is. That’s what I think the blackout was supposed to represent. Of course, one could argue that it’s a very poor way to do that.

Does it hurt that I never heard of the Sopranos before?

The person coming in the door of the restaurant would have been Meadow, so that’s who I assume he saw when he looked up right before the blackout. That shady dude was in the bathroom behind Tony, so it’s very probable he could have come out and shot him. If Tony noticed that guy I doubt he would have stayed in the restaurant waiting to get whacked.

It’s never explicitly said that Tony dies, but there are little hints thrown at you from other episodes, talking about how sudden death is. That’s what I think the blackout was supposed to represent. Of course, one could argue that it’s a very poor way to do that.

yeah i’ve heard people say that he dies and Chase thought it would be better to take the adage “you never see the one that hits you” to heart and not actually show him dying, but that seems like a cop-out to me, because the meandering buildup of the last couple minutes of the show doesn’t really imply his death unless you’re specifically looking for it…and even if this was his intention, playing Journey (and specifically a track that feels basically comes out and says “life goes on”) doesn’t make sense, chase would’ve played “You’ll Get Yours” by Sinatra (or something…this is the first track that came to mind)

They’ve got to leave it open for the eventual direct to pay-per-view movie.