okay this is obvious, but...

Originally posted by Sinistral
doesn’t like Jimi
We’ve agreed twice this year. Looks like we’ve reached our maximum quota. :stuck_out_tongue:

Really Sin? Why not?

man Hades, I think you’re a cool dude and all, we have fun together, but why on earth you gotta have like, the worst taste of ANYBODY EVER ALIVE :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah though, while anybody who says he’s a bad guitarist or uncreative is just speaking out of their ass, it’s true that he doesn’t really have a melodic voice; when he sings, it doesn’t sound so much like he’s singing as like, preaching musically. Listening to him I imagine him as like, a prophet, a poet, a seer of truth, and so it makes sense to me not to expect him to have like, so beautiful crystal-perfect voice.

and yeah Charle, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan are both pretty friggin awesome, like, they were totally geniuses ahead of their time.

-Mazrim Taim

I’m not a fan of the sound, songs or lyrics, those I’ve heard at least. Its just not to my taste overall, its a different style.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Oh yeah? what songs have you heard.
Most people usually don’t have an answer for the likes of these questions. Chances are he’s just heard stuff here and there. Kinda like how I can claim Linkin Park sucks (not that they do, just for example) without knowing the names of the songs I’ve heard.

I’ve heard Hendrix, and his stuff bordered more on noise than music, but ask me to list songs I’ve heard and I can’t come up with anything.

Hades has it about right.

Anyway, I’ve heard plenty of Jimi since my dad and sister like him and we’ve all been on long road trips. The only one that sticks out is the one Sting ended up doing without sounding as dischordant. Something about some girl.

I enjoy Jimi Hendrix but… uh… his voice is awful. If only he’d have shut up and had someone else sing or something. =p

Yeah wish Stevie Ray Vaughn hadn’t tried to sing, but i love that song Riviera Pardise by him, and its great theres no singing wee!

It seems theres always been a trend or something with great blues or rock and roll musicians(whatever or etcera) that have a sucky voice imo. Don’t hurt me.

I have a deep loathing of blues.

Originally posted by Mazrim Taim
man Hades, I think you’re a cool dude and all, we have fun together, but why on earth you gotta have like, the worst taste of ANYBODY EVER ALIVE :stuck_out_tongue:

Proof:

Originally posted by Hades Shinigami
Kinda like how I can claim Linkin Park sucks (not that they do, just for example) without knowing the names of the songs I’ve heard.

'Nuff said. :mwahaha:

But Linkin Park DOES suck.

really?

Jimi is an inspiration for so many artists, me included, so he rocks

Originally posted by Loki
But Linkin Park DOES suck.

That’s what I meant. Hades said “I can claim Linkin Park sucks (not that they do, just for example)”, implying that they don’t suck. Which we all know to be false. :ah-ha!: