... Okay, now I'm *mad*.

Im surprised that their web page is still up

shouldnt they have been hacked or otherwise brought down by now for insulting the entire linux community?

They have been DoSed before. But don’t assume that Linux user = cracker, okay?

Ya, most of the Linux developing community use their knowledge in constructive ways rather than destructive. Most of them have a strong sense of ethics and morals as well.

Well, some people say “A good man is never alone”, but I say “Good people are always picked on.” -_-

Originally posted by Maboroshi Abyll
They have been DoSed before. But don’t assume that Linux user = cracker, okay?

yeah, I know this and Ive pointed it out to people before (people have actually come up to me and asked if I knew how to hack their grades because I was one of the people who knew more about computers)

but come on, these people deserve it and there are some among these insulted users that are hackers

why is it that the assholes who usually do stuff like that are never around when they would be appreciated?

Deedly: And why should they get hacked? Even if they deserve it, and I think they do, it still doesn’t justify hacking them. That’s like saying “Well, I’m robbing Microsoft but that’s ok coz’ Microsoft are a bunch of jackasses anyhow.” or “I destroyed Merlin’s car because he’s a fricken jackass and deserves it.”

Yea, I’m wishing for someone to balefire SCO 6 months back in time so that the lawsuit never happened. But I will never hack anyone, for any reason. Unless we’re talking “Free For All 1337 H4XX0R Deathmatch”, but that’s a different story altogether and it’s all purely for fun. Besides, anyone who participates in that knows what to expect… =P

Well… that sucks.
But hey, we can all say we know a downside to linux now! :smiley:

Employees of SCO in Provo, Utah, made a protest against the war against Linux. (Source)

Staff greeted protesters from the Provo Linux User Group with signs such as “Give communism a try - free Linux”, “My son stole code - and published it” and, best of all, “Stealing Software Is Not A Crime” below which is written, “In Iraq and parts of France”.

Just check these, they’re the signs SCO uses to attack Linux. There is a link in the page I linked to for more photos:

By the way they are acting, I don’t think they’ll go much further in their holy crusade against freedom of open source OS’s protected by GNU laws.

Those are pretty old. 2 months or more.

Anyway, SCO is now being countersued by IBM and Red Hat. I assume they won’t last much longer now.

Steve: On the other hand, Microsoft faces many lawsuits like that. And looses most of the time. Is that a downside to Windows for you now?

Originally posted by Wertigon
Deedly: And why should they get hacked? Even if they deserve it, and I think they do, it still doesn’t justify hacking them. That’s like saying “Well, I’m robbing Microsoft but that’s ok coz’ Microsoft are a bunch of jackasses anyhow.” or “I destroyed Merlin’s car because he’s a fricken jackass and deserves it.”

You guys are talking like it’s easy to hack, and if you know how, you can do it :stuck_out_tongue: It takes a security loophole to even get access to a small part of such a big hosted website such as MS, and I can’t even imagine the security they may have put on there :stuck_out_tongue: It’s not a matter of should or should not, it’s more can or cannot :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.perlguy.net/sco.html