Okay, I want an honest opinion from 360 owners.

I can’t wait to get back to Montreal to play Mass Effect. What else did you get Lun?

Not much so far. Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forcaz 2 came along with the holiday package, and I bought Mechassault 2 from the ol’ XBOX for the awesome. It was 5 bucks.

Thinking of snagging Dead Rising soonish.

Oh man, QFT. This game has about 100+ weapons that do a variety (and in some cases the same) of things. The game is actually quite difficult sometimes but not overly difficult. And great when beer is involved.

Man, super QFT. And the sound effects are funny.

The new Kingdom under fire is supposed to great if you still feel the need for some RPG’s, but I don’t think it’s out yet.

To be blunt and straight to the point, if you still want to play rpgs Stick with your PS2. Screw a 360/ps3 for now, its really not worth it…most of all if you have a powerful PC.

ps2 has a CRAPTON of rpgs, and they still make games for it which now cost MUCH LESS than newer games on newer systems. …for another 5 years intact. nippon ichi’s newest game Soul Nomad and the world eaters is one that i would recommend to anybody, his old system of gameplay has been completely revamped into something MUCH better. {through thats a matter of opinion.} Its a game i can easy lts recommend to anyone.

its solid proof that even on a system nearing the end of its life, great games are still being put out for it.

if you really want to play rpgs in mass…than just get a ps2, simply put it has literally 200 times more than all the newer systems combined.

Or for that matter, PSX or SNES.

And let us not forget about the GBA and the DS.

Eh… to be honest, I still don;t know about getting an XBox. I mean, yeah, a couple games seem really interesting (Like any RPG where the entire game takes place in the fevered dream of a dying 19th century pianist), but overalll, I don;t think it really suits my playing style.

And actually, i DO still play all my SNES and PSX titles regularly. Like, just all of last week, in fact. I’m easily amused.

Well, what exactly DO you want?

I disagree the PS2 is that great for RPGs anymore. Also, if you’ve played 1 Nippon Ichi game, you’ve played em all. The only decent console for RPGs right now is the DS.

Odds are that I’ll get a 360 sooner or later when I move off campus, since the alternative would be getting a computer that costs me a kidney. It’s just not a priority right now. Getting one now would mean that a horde of moronic freshmen keep knocking on my door to leech off of mine, and I’ll wait until a price drop anyway.

Oh, and Microsoft has announced that the Xbox 720, the 360’s successor, has a tentative 2011 or 2012 release date.

Exactly. You’ve got Heroes of Mana, Children of Mana, DQIX, FF12 RW, Blue Dragon DS is in the works, and a Sonic RPG is being developed by BioWare. Right now, I think it’s fair to say that the DS has the market cornered on RPGs.

I can’t even put into words how much a disagree with you, but… i haven’t the time, will and energy to fly off into a heated debate on my beliefs versus yours {i only get on the internet less than a hour a week these days} so i’ll just nod and say “sure thing”

However, i am going to point out how wrong you are about soul nomad, becuase its obvious you’ve never played it before. Its almost nothing like his older works.

I haven’t played Soul Nomad but I have played a few other Nippon Ichis.

I do have to agree, Nippon Ichi games tend to be very similar. I liked the Disgaea games, but everything else didn’t do much for me.

At this point, I don’t even know what I want, in terms of games. Pretty much anything I’m even remotely interested in, in the new home Consoles, comes down to the Wii, but I don;t really feel like getting one of those either. But then, if past experience is any indication, I’ll be getting one probably three years after it’s come out.

You probably won’t be casually able to buy a Wii until 3 years after it came out anyway.

I don’t understand what you don’t like about the suggested games up to now if you said you don’t have a preference aside from no FPS games. The 360 has a solid base.

I know, I jsut get this feeling from the system that the main reason to get it is for games that invovle other players, be they FPS, Sports games, party games, whatever. I’m probably wrong based off of what people are saying, but At this time, I think I’m just becoming a crochety old hermit who wills tart spouting fof to people who don;t really want to listen about games that were made long ebfre they gave a shit.

You’re right that the wii has a lot more focus on that but I have no idea what gave you that idea about the 360 because it isn’t.

I know how you feel. I feel like there aren’t as many good one player games coming out anymore.

Playing video games with other people is fun but it’s really nice to just enjoy an evening playing a good game alone.

The only reason you get that feeling is because of the amount of attention those games are getting from the press and gamers who play those games together, not because they’re not being made. As seen by my list.

Also Mario & Luigi:Partners in Time, FFIII, the Castlevanias, Etrian Odyssey, Orcs & Elves, Dragon Quest Rocket Slime, Scourge Hive and the obligatory Pokemon game.

F.O.E.! F.O.E.!